Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Festival Plate 2019

Cant see a thread but merge if I have missed it

2018 Range 137-157 winner 147 places 137 139 138
    2017 range 128-158 winner 145 places 146 145 128
    2016 Range 135-157winner 142 places 149 150 135
    2015 Range 137-155 Winner 140 places 138 141 146

Top Amateur
    Same here but could do with some advise for this race as my 2 selections Tower Bridge & Ceoage have not been entered. Any advice on replacements? Given Gigginstowns good record in this race they now have a number of entities at the top end of the market....Mengli Khan, Roaring Bull, Hardline etc. I’ve planned for Mengli Khan but that’s because I edited my bet while I could without losing too much value. It’s a punt with no real conviction or confidence

Top Amateur
    Spiritofthegames is one I like at present before the official weights are out. He’s got some placed form at Cheltenham and bumped into a well handicapped horse in Kildisart on his last start. This is his ideal trip and is his only entry at the Festival. He was staying on nicely in the last race so I’ve no concerns his stamina will give way. That last race was also run in a reasonably quick time as well.

Top Amateur
    Thanks Jackie for the advice

Belami Des Pictons 20/1 NRNB.

Already had a sizeable bet after Cepage was pulled from the race. Charlie's analysis on Venetia in this race pulled me in and I went through her potential runners and BDP stood out as the one for me.

If he doesn't run so be it, that's why I've taken the NRNB, but if he makes it to the race he will be close to being my best each way shot of the whole festival.

Excusing him for his run LTO, that was off the back of a 450+ day lay off.

His race record since being with Venetia reads 8 starts, 5 wins and a 2nd (this one against Waiting Patiently).

His 2 losses have come off the back of a long lay off. He's had his cobweb blower LTO where he weakened 3 out over 3m, so the drop in trip here should suit now and he'll be fitter for that seasonal debut.

He's rated 146 so falls bang in the middle of where you want to be to go close in a race like this.

He's still very lightly raced for his age. Unsure if this is a positive or negative for this race, something I haven't looked into but I'd say there is plenty more to come from him.

5lb Claimer
    Belami Des Pictons has had a leg. VW pulled it from this weekend big race at Kempton probably due to the ground. Doubt BDP will line up unless there is cut in the ground.

5lb Claimer
    Quote Originally Posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    Spiritofthegames is one I like at present before the official weights are out. Heís got some placed form at Cheltenham and bumped into a well handicapped horse in Kildisart on his last start. This is his ideal trip and is his only entry at the Festival. He was staying on nicely in the last race so Iíve no concerns his stamina will give way. That last race was also run in a reasonably quick time as well.
    Also has Entry in JLT?

Backed him last year in the County. Suppose might as well back him in this NRNB

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Belami Des Pictons 20/1 NRNB.

Already had a sizeable bet after Cepage was pulled from the race. Charlie's analysis on Venetia in this race pulled me in and I went through her potential runners and BDP stood out as the one for me.

If he doesn't run so be it, that's why I've taken the NRNB, but if he makes it to the race he will be close to being my best each way shot of the whole festival.

Excusing him for his run LTO, that was off the back of a 450+ day lay off.

His race record since being with Venetia reads 8 starts, 5 wins and a 2nd (this one against Waiting Patiently).

His 2 losses have come off the back of a long lay off. He's had his cobweb blower LTO where he weakened 3 out over 3m, so the drop in trip here should suit now and he'll be fitter for that seasonal debut.

He's rated 146 so falls bang in the middle of where you want to be to go close in a race like this.

He's still very lightly raced for his age. Unsure if this is a positive or negative for this race, something I haven't looked into but I'd say there is plenty more to come from him.
    I'm sold, excellent case.

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    I'm sold, excellent case.
    A few people think he may go elsewhere, as in up in trip, but going to stick with him in this race as per your brilliant analysis of Venetia in this race.

Heavily punted on his attempted start, and his only run this season, I’m sure the stable think he’s very well handicapped but the betting wouldn’t have suggested he was having a pipe opener? That said, his back form reads well