Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Festival Plate 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
    I really like Bouvrieul for this. C&D form. Rejuvenated under Haslam. JP McManus. Haslam has said this is his target.

SkyBet have priced him all wrong at 33s, albeit they did limit the stake.
    Yeah me too.

Someone definitely mentioned him somewhere else on the forum not that long ago, so you're not alone.

Not sure where, I'll try and find it.

Comment

Liked the look of garde fort for this, digging into his form I couldn’t ignore tommy silver. Both travelling well last time until they came to grief

Comment

Grech & Parkin
        @GrechParkin
        River Wylde will be aimed for the Brown Advisory & Merribelle Stable Plate at the Cheltenham Festival after working well this morning at @kemptonparkrace. He is currently 25/1 (best price) with @bet365

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
          Grech & Parkin
          @GrechParkin
          River Wylde will be aimed for the Brown Advisory & Merribelle Stable Plate at the Cheltenham Festival after working well this morning at @kemptonparkrace. He is currently 25/1 (best price) with @bet365
          Nice one boopa. Have added him... been something of an unlucky horse but he's definitely got a big one in him!

Comment

.....given Pipe’s record in the race;

...I’ve had a stab at Eamon an Cnoic for this.

Comment

I’ve backed Benatar for this.

His loss to Cyrname doesn’t look as worrying now.

I also would imagine he’ll be up with the pace and on the Thursday, that has always been the place to be. I’d assume the Thursday will be a little softer under foot as well after they switch courses.

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                I’ve backed Benatar for this.

His loss to Cyrname doesn’t look as worrying now.

I also would imagine he’ll be up with the pace and on the Thursday, that has always been the place to be. I’d assume the Thursday will be a little softer under foot as well after they switch courses.
                Had a good look at him as seemingly fancied every start since his Jlt run , must have a decent pot in Him but as you say the softer the better , Ceepage not even entered scuppered my early thoughts . Weights later to side with something

Comment

Had Benatar on the radar for sometime. Unsure where he will go, may well depend on the ground.

Comment

Liking the weights for both Bouvreuil and Happy Diva so added both.

Comment

Is Bouvreuil definitely going for this? Hills keep hanging the 40/1 out and I keep taking a bit, but obviously isnt NRNB.

Comment

Is Happy Diva running this weekend?

That wouldn't be good ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Is Happy Diva running this weekend?

That wouldn't be good ...
                          It sounds like Newbury rather than Cheltenham-

Lee said: "There are no mares' chases for her over two-and-a-half (miles), so we've got to take on the geldings.
                          "She's in good form and we know she likes Newbury. I'm not saying this is an easier option than the race at Cheltenham (Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate), but it looked sensible to let her run."

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post

Lee said: "There are no mares' chases for her over two-and-a-half (miles), so we've got to take on the geldings.
                            "She's in good form and we know she likes Newbury. I'm not saying this is an easier option than the race at Cheltenham (Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate), but it looked sensible to let her run."

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              Gutted, thought she had a real chance in this after only going up a total of 2lbs since her second to Aso over C&D

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                                Originally posted by Lessey View Post
                                Gutted, thought she had a real chance in this after only going up a total of 2lbs since her second to Aso over C&D
                                well she better win tomorrow to reimburse me for the 3 pts I've had ante post without NRNB and the 2 pts I've had on tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X