Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Fat Jockey - Day One Festival Yankee - Captain is cpfcpatriot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fat Jockey - Day One Festival Yankee - Captain is cpfcpatriot

I see that we had actually picked the captains by 18th Feb lat year, so we're actually a bit behind!

A thread has been set up for each yankee with discussion/debate encouraged by all members (more the merrier), the 'captains' job will be to make final four selections from the suggestions made by members, it will be the owners decision whether their yankee will be win or each way.

Discussion will increase when weights are out and final selections are to be done on Sunday 10th March to enable those traveling the chance to get on before setting off.

There will be a 5th Yankee, and overall FJ yankee, that I'll probably do a vote with nearer the time.... but to be confirmed
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 18 February 2019, 07:52 PM.

Good man Kev. These are always good fun.

Comment

Yeah, how shall we pick the captains this year?

We had newbies last year didn't we? (new members within the last 12 months?)
      Throw it out for volunteers?
      Vote?
      Just pick people?

Comment

I’ll volunteer Day one or Day two, but I’ve got no chance on the others

Comment

Last years captains were Robith, KingSprinterSacre, Middle_of_March, Viking Flagship

I've updated the opening post.

Comment

Yep, well done Kev.
            We have always had a Sunday evening deadline for all 4 days which helps those who go, would be useful for this to stand

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Yep, well done Kev.
              We have always had a Sunday evening deadline for all 4 days which helps those who go, would be useful for this to stand
              Yes, agreed.

I paraphrased your rules from last year so should be consistant...

What do you think we should do for captains? One volunteer already...

Comment

When I chose captains 2/3 years ago I wrote all volunteers names down and drew lots.
                Polls, I think, could be dangerous....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                  When I chose captains 2/3 years ago I wrote all volunteers names down and drew lots.
                  Polls, I think, could be dangerous....

Too much danger for a Monday night.

I'll set up a volunteer thread.

Comment

How did these do last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Tigerroll View Post
                      How did these do last year?
                      Not so good...

Comment

Cpfcpatriot....you are to listen to the debate posted within the confindes of the forum, and ultimately have the final pick on four horses for Tuesday of the festival.

Win or each way is your decision, based on the cases and suggestions put forward by the rest of us.

Comment

Let the Le Richebourg vs Cilaos Emery war commence!

(Thread locked after 12,000 pages of heated debate)

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Cpfcpatriot....you are to listen to the debate posted within the confindes of the forum, and ultimately have the final pick on four horses for Tuesday of the festival.

Win or each way is your decision, based on the cases and suggestions put forward by the rest of us.
                            I will take suggestions on the horses but to start the debate I’d prefer to avoid the Champion with 3 horses close in the market.

If we was to head down the win only angle, I’d be wanting to base the bet around Benie Des Dieux as there’s nothing that will get close to her.

But, I’m open-minded.

Comment

If we go each way, Coo Star Sivola @ 20/1 in the Ultima looks rock solid. Loads on here already on. Festival form is superb. Reigning champion in a race that throws up repeat winners. Not ground dependant. Can front run or sit in behind. Very little not to like about CSS and there is no way he goes off 20/1.

No war to be had on LR v CE at 10/3 vs 5/1. No brainer. Market leader is dependent on genuinely good ground which Simon Claisse won't give him. I have other concerns, but that would be enough for me to put a line through LR at that price straight away

Comment

Working...
                              X