Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Kim Muir 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kim Muir 2019

Unfortunately there's no Viking Flagship style opening post here (feel free to follow up with one VF!) but thought best to move the recent Glenloe chat to a new thread. Blatantly obvious and as are many on here, a huge fancy for this race if they can qualify him. Have absolutely no doubt this has been the plan from day 1 this season - with runs over 2m3 and 2m5, with then a recent 2m entry that was sadly not taken up.

There's been plenty of doubt and debate on how the handicap cut off works - whether Glenloe could get an entry and run again before the weights or whether you need the 3 runs at entry stage.
    Having asked Rory Delarghy, he was of the view horses had until the Sunday before the weights (24th) but wasn't certain.

However - Looking through lasts years entries and weights - it would appear that is correct. Both Step Back and LooksnowtlikeBrian had less than 3 runs over fences. Both having just the 2 runs at the time of the entry stage (entries closed 20th Feb). They were then removed from the race on Feb 28th when the weights were revealed for having not qualified.

So it would appear Glenloe (and as a rule for any) can get his final run and mark after the entry stage

But it's still cutting it fine to get the third and final race into him to get his handicap mark. Looking at the upcoming fixtures it would appear the only possible race he can run in

Fairyhouse - Saturday 23rd February
    17.5F Beginners Steeplechase 5yo and up

In the UK there could be 3 races he could line up that weekend if push came to shove:

Kempton - Sat 23rd Feb
    2m4 Novice Chase

Chepstow - Sat 23rd
    2m7 Novice Chase

Fontwell - Sun 24th
    2m1 Novice Chase

And that's on the basis he has until that 23rd/24th weekend.
    All eyes on the Fairyhouse entries then...

Liam raised a possible race at Naas on the 24th as well as an option. Races are here for that day:

There's no beginner or novice chase (only a novice handicap chase) but could he run in the 3:35?
    3.35WhatOddsPaddy? Steeplechase (Grade 3) of €46500.00 2m.

If not it's all about finding that Codd / O'Connor / Mullins ride (and then if not the likes of Barry O'Neill etc)
    Last edited by jono; 15 February 2019, 07:47 AM.

Originally posted by jono View Post
    Unfortunately there's no Viking Flagship style opening post here (feel free to follow up with one VF!) but thought best to move the recent Glenloe chat to a new thread. Blatantly obvious and as are many on here, a huge fancy for this race if they can qualify him. Have absolutely no doubt this has been the plan from day 1 this season - with runs over 2m3 and 2m5, with then a recent 2m entry that was sadly not taken up.

There's been plenty of doubt and debate on how the handicap cut off works - whether Glenloe could get an entry and run again before the weights or whether you need the 3 runs at entry stage.
    Having asked Rory Delarghy, he was of the view horses had until the Sunday before the weights (24th) but wasn't certain.

However - Looking through lasts years entries and weights - it would appear that is correct. Both Step Back and LooksnowtlikeBrian had less than 3 runs over fences. Both having just the 2 runs at the time of the entry stage (entries closed 20th Feb). They were then removed from the race on Feb 28th when the weights were revealed for having not qualified.

So it would appear Glenloe (and as a rule for any) can get his final run and mark after the entry stage

But it's still cutting it fine to get the third and final race into him to get his handicap mark. Looking at the upcoming fixtures it would appear the only possible race he can run in

In the UK there could be 3 races he could line up that weekend if push came to shove:

Kempton - Sat 23rd Feb
    2m4 Novice Chase

Chepstow - Sat 23rd
    2m7 Novice Chase

Fontwell - Sun 24th
    2m1 Novice Chase

Liam raised a possible race at Naas on the 24th as well as an option. Races are here for that day:

There's no beginner or novice chase (only a novice handicap chase) but could he run in the 3:35?

If not it's all about finding that Codd / O'Connor / Mullins ride (and then if not the likes of Barry O'Neill etc)
    Carter McKay
    Tower bridge
    Gun digger
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Although we are all naturally drawn to the Irish for Cheltenham handicaps, is this not a race that the home team have performed best over the the last 10 years?

Comment

Sky Pirate in this for me. Looked like he was coming to win his race at the November meeting before he was brought down. Followed him last year when he never really managed to put it together, but the potential for a big win is there. I’m not a big Jonjo fan but he for sure knows what he’s doing with a stayer.

Patrick Mullins rode him last time too so would be a massive positive if Willie doesn’t have a runner & he rides.

Took 33’s after the November run & there’s still 20’s available, tempted to go in again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
          Sky Pirate in this for me. Looked like he was coming to win his race at the November meeting before he was brought down. Followed him last year when he never really managed to put it together, but the potential for a big win is there. I’m not a big Jonjo fan but he for sure knows what he’s doing with a stayer.

Patrick Mullins rode him last time too so would be a massive positive if Willie doesn’t have a runner & he rides.

Took 33’s after the November run & there’s still 20’s available, tempted to go in again.
          Just been chatting about that horse with a friend. Be interested if it's running this weekend, I think it was entered up.
          Could definitely be one for Patrick as his dad not always has one for KM and no Mall dini this year.

Comment

I've only got Glenloe currently, and only in a couple of multiples @ 20's. Not really a race I take a huge view on until about a week before I don't think.

My bets on Glenloe were because I just like being a sheep at times, and had no better alternative for the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post

was hoping he'd be missed i've gone in now. The replay of that race cuts out sadly due to the ill fated Jameson. He's been laid out for this

Comment

Confirmed by the BHA

Thank you for your e-mail. Third runs up to and including Sunday 24th February.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  Just been chatting about that horse with a friend. Be interested if it's running this weekend, I think it was entered up.
                  Could definitely be one for Patrick as his dad not always has one for KM and no Mall dini this year.
                  Yeah can’t think off the top of my head any likely Mullins runners?

Comment

Just looking , and Sky pirate had an entry today at sandown , an entry at ascot tommorrow , and an entry
                    for the N.H.chase at the festival., Doesn't look like the entries this weekend are being taken up.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

Kempton - Sat 23rd Feb
                      2m4 Novice Chase

Chepstow - Sat 23rd
                      2m7 Novice Chase

Fontwell - Sun 24th
                      2m1 Novice Chase

Good work Jono. I've been a bit slack on here the last week or two as I've had lots going on at work. I'm firmly on the Glenloe bandwagon! Also have Gun Digger backed any race, although I am expecting him to go over the intermediate trip (especially if Blow By Blow were to sneak in here).

Comment

Gone back in on tower bridge 20s ew.
                        Delighted with both there.

Carter McKay hunted round. Asked for absolutely nothing.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

You need to try and open another 365 account. Pushed out to 28's

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                            You need to try and open another 365 account. Pushed out to 28's
                            He's my substitute for Glenloe.
                            As soon as we know one way or another if Glenloe can race here.
                            It's cash out and move stakes over to Tower Bridge.

Comment

I added an extra 1 pt ew on Tower Bridge last night too at the 28s.

I listened to the FFP Chelt review on my drive home this morning and Blake was adament that the ground had gone completlely against Tower Bridge in the Bartlett, but they were delighted with the run and there is loads more to come. Especially on better ground.

He's got to be a NRNB play, he will be single figures if he runs I have no doubt.

Already on Glenloe but can see both running anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X