Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur
    ...major concern, but hopefully there are lessons learned from the Australian outbreak and plans in place to immediately manage this.

On the positive side, the cases have quickly come to light but the concern is runners from the same yard carrying the virus for a week or so. I suppose lots depends on whether horses running at the meetings can be isolated and tested, particularly those running in the same races.

Grooms, stall handlers etc can apparently pass the bug on according to Sky News, who also mention Donald McCain’s yard as the probable source.
    Last edited by Eggs; 02-07-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Just been reading up, very strange they are not cancelling in Ireland after Gordy was at Ayr yesterday surely???
    When they had this in Aus the racing industry was shut down for 4 months!

Top Amateur
    I am sure everyone will be fully on top of this. Far better this happening now than a month from now.

Have Paddy Power priced up a special on whether Cheltenham will take place. I'd like some insurance

Top Amateur
    Would Gordons have made it back to the yard by the time the announcement was made? Youd be hopeful they would of not been allowed to get that far.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Have Paddy Power priced up a special on whether Cheltenham will take place. I'd like some insurance
    I think you will find that all bets would be voided unless the races are rescheduled with the same current entries. Or are you wanting the insurance to hedge the loss of your winnings? If so I can sympathise because I'm sitting on a healthy green book for the Gold Cup which would come to nothing. The main thing is the horses are treated quickly as otherwise this could be devastating to the industry.

Came on here to debate races, probably not much point in that until this clears up. Awful news. Hope it doesn't have a huge impact on the animals themselves and is contained pretty quickly.

From a selfish punting perspective it is probably the worst situation for many reasons, first off already sitting on a loss through horses that sustained injuries or worse, plus cashed out bets, and secondly all the hours/time/debate/discussion of research and you lose any 'deserved' decent prices you may have that are no longer and likely never will be available again, should the festival not go ahead. I presume bets will be void only.

Don't get me wrong, my main concern is obviously all of the horses welfare, and I wish all of them speedy recoveries. Fingers crossed for some good news over the coming week or so.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Nortons who View Post
    I think you will find that all bets would be voided unless the races are rescheduled with the same current entries. Or are you wanting the insurance to hedge the loss of your winnings? If so I can sympathise because I'm sitting on a healthy green book for the Gold Cup which would come to nothing. The main thing is the horses are treated quickly as otherwise this could be devastating to the industry.
    I think all antipost bets are not voided but classed as losers unless the meeting is rescheduled , I hope your right but I think I read that somewhere once, different rules for Antipost bets,, but you never know the bookies mite be kind as this has never happened in the UK before....
    Last edited by Sirbetalot; 02-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.

It would take a brave bookie to settle Cheltenham antepost bets as losers if the festival was cancelled

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    D McCain the only trainer to have runners at Ayr and Ludlow?
    https://www.sportinglife.com/racing/...es/trainer/141

I went through them all and looks like it ( not that it makes any difference now)