Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast

Equine Flu Outbreak

Is it going too far to suggest this could be something that puts the festival at risk of even happening?

Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Is it going too far to suggest this could be something that puts the festival at risk of even happening?
    No. I think it has to be in serious doubt. I suppose it all depends how quickly they can get things under control. The fact that infected horses travelled to two separate racecourses, at two ends of the country, is a massive cause for concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    No. I think it has to be in serious doubt. I suppose it all depends how quickly they can get things under control. The fact that infected horses travelled to two separate racecourses, at two ends of the country, is a massive cause for concern.
    Blimey - I hadn’t thought of that.

Worrying stuff.

D McCain the only trainer to have runners at Ayr and Ludlow?

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    D McCain the only trainer to have runners at Ayr and Ludlow?
    I just read his name elsewhere too

Awful this, just hope they get it in control asap. The vets will be busy over the next few days and hopefully will get any affected horses into quarantine. Apparently when this broke in Oz it took 4 months to sort out so lets hope its nowhere near the scale of that.

Hopefully all horses concerned will be ok and not at risk

And there was us all looking forward to Angels Breath v Emitom today!

5lb Claimer
    Another thing is that Gordon had runners at Ayr as well.

3lb Claimer
    Assuming yards were notified before the press release they would have barely been home I would think also I note Irish racing havenít cancelled today