Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 85
  1. #21
    Well done Charlie, excellent effort

  2. #22
    Brillliant thread Charlie. Absolutely superb info. Cheers.

    Would you be able to do Gigginstown if you got the chance. There’s a couple of things I think they have in the handicaps that I’m interested to see if the trends agree with.

  3. #23
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Brillliant thread Charlie. Absolutely superb info. Cheers.

    Would you be able to do Gigginstown if you got the chance. There’s a couple of things I think they have in the handicaps that I’m interested to see if the trends agree with.
    No worries pal. Sure. Henderson, Gigginstown, Mullins on the cards. Il do a trainer analysis alongside the Gigginstown one

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    No worries pal. Sure. Henderson, Gigginstown, Mullins on the cards. Il do a trainer analysis alongside the Gigginstown one
    Brilliant - thanks again. One of my favourite threads of the year without a doubt.

  5. #25
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    1,079
    Gigginstown House Stud Handicap Performance 2008 – 2018

    Ultima
    2 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Close Brothers
    6 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Cross Country (Handicap from 2008 – 2015)
    2 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2015 – Rivage D’Or 16/1

    Coral Cup
    7 / 0 / 1 / 1

    Pertemps
    4 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2018 – Delta Work 6/1

    Brown Advisory
    4 / 2 / 0 / 1
    2017 - Road To Respect 14/1
    2016 - Empire Of Dirt 16/1

    Kim Muir
    3 / 0 / 0 / 1

    Martin Pipe
    10 / 4 / 1 / 2
    2018 – Blow By Blow 11/1
    2017 – Champagne Classic 12/1
    2014 – Don Poli 12/1
    2011 - Sir Des Champs 9/2f

    County Hurdle
    8 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Grand Annual
    4 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2014 – Savello 16/1

    Summary

    Total Handicap Runners: 50
    Winners: 9 (18%)
    Placed: 5 (9.6%)


    A £10 level stake across all Gigginstown horses would leave you up £665

    Trainer / Runners / Winners / Place / Beat Fav

    G Elliott / 22 / 3 / 4 /2
    W P Mullins / 9 / 2 / 1 / 1
    A J Martin 5 / 2 / 0 / 0
    N Meade 3 / 1 / 0 / 0
    C A Murphy 1 / 1 / 0 / 0

    Gordon wins or places 31% of all handicaps

    Races

    Obviously their record in the Martin Pipe is phenomenal, with 4 of their 10 runners winning the race.

    One winning favourite in Sir Des Champs. The average price of their other 8 winners is 11/1, hence why the return off £10 level stakes is so high.

    Never won the Ultima, Close Brothers, Coral Cup, Kim Muir or County Hurdle.

    Season / Cheltenham Winners / Handicap Entries / Total NH Runners (Ireland)

    2018 – 2 – 5 - 940
    2017 – 2 – 8 - 877
    2016 – 1 – 3 - 653
    2015 – 1 – 7 - 660
    2014 – 2 – 3 - 608
    2013 – 0 – 9 - 504
    2012 – 0 – 6 - 439
    2011 – 1 – 6 - 442
    2010 – 0 – 0 - 318
    2009 – 0 – 2 - 300
    2008 – 0 – 1 – 241

    Conclusion

    We all know the regard Michael O'Leary holds for handicaps at Cheltenham, but even still, their record is superb. I always think of Gigginstown as mob handed at Cheltenham but they have never sent more than 10 horses handicapping at the festival in one year which I found quite surprising. To put that into perspective, JP McManus sent 155 more horses to handicaps over the last decade than Gigginstown. It is particularly noticeable when you look at the number of horses in Gigginstown's ownership and the number of runners they have each season in Ireland.

    Their win to run ratio in the last 5 years is very good, to put it lightly. Gordon Elliot now trains 44% of all their entries. Willie had a better strike rate than Gordon (22%) but that's now irrelevant after the fallout over training fees.

    Have run 3 or less runners in the Ultima (2) and Kim Muir (3), so little interest. Have won the Pertemps (4) and Cross Country (2) once, with 4 or less runners. Again, little interest.

    Their record in the Martin Pipe and Brown Advisory is superb, having sent 14 runners and won 6 times at an average price of 11/1. I'l be keeping a keen eye out on their horses in these races.

    Henderson up next

  6. #26
    Great work again Charlie.
    Have to say I'm surprised at the Giggs M Pipe record, never really consider them as an outfit targeting handicap hurdles but 4 winners in last 8 years is staggering.

    Will be very useful to see the data compressed into a single bullet point summary sheet, could be invaluable...

  7. #27
    Good stuff again Charlie.

    That Brown Advisory is made for Blow By Blow, and their record in it is very good!

  8. #28
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,464
    Totally agree - Great stuff Charlie. On the Gigginstown subject , a quick look through,
    And i see - Brown plate - Mortal @ 16-1.
    Blow by Blow @ 20-1.

    Martin pipe - Dallas des pictons @10-1.
    C. of fleet @10-1.
    Monbeg W.wide @ 20-1.
    Felix Desjy @ 20-1.
    Blow by blow @ 20-1.
    Choungaya @ 66-1.

  9. #29
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Cheltenham
    Posts
    1,079
    Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Totally agree - Great stuff Charlie. On the Gigginstown subject , a quick look through,
    And i see - Brown plate - Mortal @ 16-1.
    Blow by Blow @ 20-1.

    Martin pipe - Dallas des pictons @10-1.
    C. of fleet @10-1.
    Monbeg W.wide @ 20-1.
    Felix Desjy @ 20-1.
    Blow by blow @ 20-1.
    Choungaya @ 66-1.
    Great stuff, thanks BigChaang

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Gigginstown House Stud Handicap Performance 2008 – 2018

    Ultima
    2 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Close Brothers
    6 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Cross Country (Handicap from 2008 – 2015)
    2 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2015 – Rivage D’Or 16/1

    Coral Cup
    7 / 0 / 1 / 1

    Pertemps
    4 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2018 – Delta Work 6/1

    Brown Advisory
    4 / 2 / 0 / 1
    2017 - Road To Respect 14/1
    2016 - Empire Of Dirt 16/1

    Kim Muir
    3 / 0 / 0 / 1

    Martin Pipe
    10 / 4 / 1 / 2
    2018 – Blow By Blow 11/1
    2017 – Champagne Classic 12/1
    2014 – Don Poli 12/1
    2011 - Sir Des Champs 9/2f

    County Hurdle
    8 / 0 / 0 / 0

    Grand Annual
    4 / 1 / 0 / 0
    2014 – Savello 16/1

    Summary

    Total Handicap Runners: 50
    Winners: 9 (18%)
    Placed: 5 (9.6%)


    A £10 level stake across all Gigginstown horses would leave you up £665

    Trainer / Runners / Winners / Place / Beat Fav

    G Elliott / 22 / 3 / 4 /2
    W P Mullins / 9 / 2 / 1 / 1
    A J Martin 5 / 2 / 0 / 0
    N Meade 3 / 1 / 0 / 0
    C A Murphy 1 / 1 / 0 / 0

    Gordon wins or places 31% of all handicaps

    Races

    Obviously their record in the Martin Pipe is phenomenal, with 4 of their 10 runners winning the race.

    One winning favourite in Sir Des Champs. The average price of their other 8 winners is 11/1, hence why the return off £10 level stakes is so high.

    Never won the Ultima, Close Brothers, Coral Cup, Kim Muir or County Hurdle.

    Season / Cheltenham Winners / Handicap Entries / Total NH Runners (Ireland)

    2018 – 2 – 5 - 940
    2017 – 2 – 8 - 877
    2016 – 1 – 3 - 653
    2015 – 1 – 7 - 660
    2014 – 2 – 3 - 608
    2013 – 0 – 9 - 504
    2012 – 0 – 6 - 439
    2011 – 1 – 6 - 442
    2010 – 0 – 0 - 318
    2009 – 0 – 2 - 300
    2008 – 0 – 1 – 241

    Conclusion

    We all know the regard Michael O'Leary holds for handicaps at Cheltenham, but even still, their record is superb. I always think of Gigginstown as mob handed at Cheltenham but they have never sent more than 10 horses handicapping at the festival in one year which I found quite surprising. To put that into perspective, JP McManus sent 155 more horses to handicaps over the last decade than Gigginstown. It is particularly noticeable when you look at the number of horses in Gigginstown's ownership and the number of runners they have each season in Ireland.

    Their win to run ratio in the last 5 years is very good, to put it lightly. Gordon Elliot now trains 44% of all their entries. Willie had a better strike rate than Gordon (22%) but that's now irrelevant after the fallout over training fees.

    Have run 3 or less runners in the Ultima (2) and Kim Muir (3), so little interest. Have won the Pertemps (4) and Cross Country (2) once, with 4 or less runners. Again, little interest.

    Their record in the Martin Pipe and Brown Advisory is superb, having sent 14 runners and won 6 times at an average price of 11/1. I'l be keeping a keen eye out on their horses in these races.

    Henderson up next
    Cheers Charlie.

    I knew their MP record was excellent and that DDP is a bet for that race with their record.

    But I didn’t realise the Plate record is also very good.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •