Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Race running order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Race running order

The getting out stakes is now the Martin Pipe which swops positions with the Grand Annual and on the Tuesday the NH chase and the novice handicap chase switch around

Kinda pointless I liked the NH Chase where it was and moving the grand annual to one race before isn’t going to slow them down

Comment

Originally posted by Muswell View Post
      Kinda pointless I liked the NH Chase where it was and moving the grand annual to one race before isn’t going to slow them down
      not be as dark though

Comment

more time for presentation to the top jockey

Comment

It now means 3 out of the 4 days the professional jockeys will be finished before the last race and also on the last day gives time to do the leading jockey award justice

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
            The getting out stakes is now the Martin Pipe which swops positions with the Grand Annual and on the Tuesday the NH chase and the novice handicap chase switch around
            I can only assume these changes are being made on safety grounds, though it's debatable what improvements are achieved by this.
            What's baffling me is there was talk the M Pipe shouldn't be for conditionals so keeping the race conditions and moving it to a darker slot is confusing.
            Unless I've missed something....

Comment

Safety grounds????? pandering to minorities & townie armchair animal welfare fruit loops.

Comment

It’s a non- issue - it’s the same races as last year all run on a Tues to Fri - just like last year ffs!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                  It’s a non- issue - it’s the same races as last year all run on a Tues to Fri - just like last year ffs!
                  Agree 100%

If it keeps some of the whiners quiet, seems like a sensible thing to do. Even if it makes no difference whatsoever.

Comment

More relevant is the fact they are moving the second last fence

Comment

More relevant is the fact they are moving the second last fence
                      Further around?

Where is that Muswell (article)

Obviously it's going to be RP isn't it... I'll have found it before you reply

Comment

Go back to having the County as the finale...

Comment

Nope Chris Cook https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...horses-jockeys

Comment

And, belatedly, the Racing Post. The interesting quote is Claisse saying that there are other courses where the last two fences are closer together (than the 110 yards it will now be at Cheltenham). Presumably, he means Galway

Comment

The surprising thing is the 4 miler being last, so now they are jumping more fences when its slightly darker. I guess they are going a slower pace though so maybe that is the thinking behind it.

Comment

Working...
                              X