Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cadmium up to 151 in Ireland. Wouldn't want any more in the UK. There's a G2 at Navan just after Cheltenham.

Comment

Added Eamon An Cnoic 20/1 NRNB today.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        Added Eamon An Cnoic 20/1 NRNB today.
        Thought he won well at the weekend. Has Pipe suggested he'd come here?

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
          You shouldn't believe all you're told. In the last few weeks he's been considered for everything from this race to the Irish National.
          My mate is in the SHR Club (owns a small stake) and he said it was the plan archie, so unless hes been led up the garden path as well.

But the rating increase today hasn't helped one bit as surely the British Handicapper will add some on as well which would make it very difficult now

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
            My mate is in the SHR Club (owns a small stake) and he said it was the plan archie, so unless hes been led up the garden path as well.

But the rating increase today hasn't helped one bit as surely the British Handicapper will add some on as well which would make it very difficult now
            Ornua is 10/1 in places for the Arkle - Cadmium has to be better than him doesn't he? Or similar at least?!

Ornua is either a woeful price or Cadmium great value in the Grand Annual.

Or of course the cast murky grey inbetween!

Comment

You haven't been lied to (and neither has your mate) but I've talked to Steve and Jim quite a lot about Cadmium in the last month or so and have heard various possible targets mentioned by Willie. I think that, for the moment, 2 miles is the favoured option and certainly we've only been asked about tickets for the Friday but other races away from Cheltenham are still in the mix depending on the UK mark.

There tends to be more consistency between Irish and UK marks when they're over 150 but we'll just have to see what happens on Wednesday. Any more than 152 and I reckon we'll go somewhere else but with Willie you really wouldn't know until 9.59 on decs day.

Comment

the UK handicapper on adds on a few pounds to give parity - have you seen the stats for Irish winners - you can make zero complaints about the weights you're given. The Irish horses are very well treated in the main.

Comment

Magic Saint heading here. Nicholls thinks he’s better than a handicapper

Comment

Added Magic Saint 13/1 Ladbrokes. Not gone NRNB on this one.

Comment

eamon an

he would be more likely to go for the 2m 5 f race given the stable record in it and his raving record ...imho

Comment

You haven't been lied to (and neither has your mate) but I've talked to Steve and Jim quite a lot about Cadmium in the last month or so and have heard various possible targets mentioned by Willie. I think that, for the moment, 2 miles is the favoured option and certainly we've only been asked about tickets for the Friday but other races away from Cheltenham are still in the mix depending on the UK mark.

There tends to be more consistency between Irish and UK marks when they're over 150 but we'll just have to see what happens on Wednesday. Any more than 152 and I reckon we'll go somewhere else but with Willie you really wouldn't know until 9.59 on decs day.

Thanks Archie, lets hope the handicapper over here remains sensible and he gets his day in the sun.

Comment

Cadmium just +1 on 152.

How on earth has Le Prezien knocked down to 151? Won comfortably off 150 last year and went up to 157. Very unusual to drop again so quickly.

Comment

Was looking through the spreadsheet, and saw a very early slip for Minds Eye for the Arkle, and so thoughts turn to here now. On 139 so *should get in*, anyone heard anything about its target?

Comment

Cadmium just +1 on 152.

How on earth has Le Prezien knocked down to 151? Won comfortably off 150 last year and went up to 157. Very unusual to drop again so quickly.
                              Has to be a tempter then with only 1lb, but high enough overall?

You'd give Le Prezien more than 1L beating off levels though wouldn't you?

Comment

There's a G2 the weekend after Cheltenham. We'd win about the same for first as for second in this and it's likely to be much easier.

I'd guess we'll enter and then look at the options but I'm not into social runs at Cheltenham. That's how accidents happen and Caddy is one of my favourites.

Comment

Working...
                                X