Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quevega View Post
    sorry, cut and paste remembered wrong thing
    https://www.attheraces.com/form/hors...ch=|ballywood|
    Thanks quevega
    Doesn’t look experienced enough for me either

Comment

I think Bun Doran at 25/1 is a good shout for this, Rated 148, looks to be his target and has decent form at Cheltenham, happy to take 25s on him

Comment found in a Tom George piece in a daily rag

Bun Doran – in the same ownership of the Crossed Fingers Partnership – is being prepared for the Grand Annual. He won at Cheltenham in November and will return there in the final race of the Festival.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseated Rider View Post
        I think Bun Doran at 25/1 is a good shout for this, Rated 148, looks to be his target and has decent form at Cheltenham, happy to take 25s on him

Bun Doran – in the same ownership of the Crossed Fingers Partnership – is being prepared for the Grand Annual. He won at Cheltenham in November and will return there in the final race of the Festival.
        Probably something weighted to beat him, he's been fairly openly campaigned hasn't he.

Dolos, on a line through Gino's Trail?

Then again, as you say, the Cheltenham form is certainly worth a few lbs!

Comment

Caid Du Lin
          One of the first things I look for in this race is previous experience running in a genuinely fast paced 2 mile chase. Many of the same names perform well in this, year after year and that is due to; careful placement throughout the season and the ability to jump and travel at speed. The second thing I look for is Novices as they have a good record in this race and are obviously on an upward trend compared to the seasoned campaigners. Caid Du Lin covers both angles as he’s a progressive novice but also won a 2m handicap at Ascot that was run in a fast time (Speredek in the field). He’s now up to 144 which is by no means a big weight in this race and he’s also proven on good ground as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Dolos, on a line through Gino's Trail?!
            I think they’re saving Dolos for the Celebration chase at Sandown.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
              Caid Du Lin
              One of the first things I look for in this race is previous experience running in a genuinely fast paced 2 mile chase. Many of the same names perform well in this, year after year and that is due to; careful placement throughout the season and the ability to jump and travel at speed. The second thing I look for is Novices as they have a good record in this race and are obviously on an upward trend compared to the seasoned campaigners. Caid Du Lin covers both angles as he’s a progressive novice but also won a 2m handicap at Ascot that was run in a fast time (Speredek in the field). He’s now up to 144 which is by no means a big weight in this race and he’s also proven on good ground as well.
              A worry that he clattered every fence & was pulled up on his only course appearance? You make a great case otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormez View Post
                A worry that he clattered every fence & was pulled up on his only course appearance? You make a great case otherwise.
                That is the one negative for sure. He blundered the first and then probably got a bit spooked and lost his rhythm (which can happen to Novices). He’s put in two decent rounds since then so he’s bounced back Ok and would have had plenty of schooling since as well.

Comment

One of my mate's likes Top Gamble for this race , 3rd last year ?. , I see Gino Trail also entered for the
                  same Trainer.

Comment

Bun Doran – in the same ownership of the Crossed Fingers Partnership – is being prepared for the Grand Annual. He won at Cheltenham in November and will return there in the final race of the Festival

He's going for the Martin Pipe? Now that would be odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Unseated Rider View Post

I really like BD for this. I just hope TG doesn't put him in the final race of the festival

Comment

Archie what do you think of Cadmium coming here? And of his chances of picking up a win? Im liking my 25/1 e/w any race

Comment

Paul Townend and Rachael Blackmore have been matching winner-for-winner at the head of the Jockeys' Championship in recent weeks and former Champion Townend leveled the score for the day at Naas today when landing the Grade 3 WhatOddsPaddy? Chase on Cheltenham-bound Cadmium

Depends on what the handicapper does but you'd have thought the race and how it's run might suit.

Comment

My only bet in this is Cadmium so far, was told weeks ago this it the plan.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              http://www.irishracing.com/news?head...et&prid=198058

Depends on what the handicapper does but you'd have thought the race and how it's run might suit.
                              Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                              Willie Mullins?

Win a handicap chase at Cheltenham?

Trends in the bin for this race or...?

Comment

Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                                You shouldn't believe all you're told. In the last few weeks he's been considered for everything from this race to the Irish National.

Comment

Working...
                                X