Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Annual 2019

Dolos halved in price yesterday but might not be going:

Nicholls said: “He ran well last year but was a weak finisher. Two miles on really soft ground suited him well.
    “He’ll have an entry in the Grand Annual, but it will have to be really testing and I wouldn’t be averse to bringing him back to Sandown for the Celebration Chase at the end of the year.”

It was Ordinary World for me but probably ruined the chance of that yesterday.

Comment

Duca De Thaix

Comment

Already backed Cadmium for this. I don't think he will want to win today though as he will blow his mark.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          It was Ordinary World for me but probably ruined the chance of that yesterday.
          Up another 2lb, likely will have to carry top weight in this should they go here, now rated 154 in ireland.

Stupidity IMO, but if that's the route the owner wants to take then so be it. Though I'd prefer a chance in a race at the festival than no hope in a Grade 1 myself. Money back for myself I suspect now. And back to the drawing board to find the winner.

Comment

duca de thaix down one and dropped to 150.
            Happy to predict it goes off favourite now, unless UK handicapper goes silly.
            Winter escape would be possible other favourite. Also 150 rated in IRE.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
              duca de thaix down one and dropped to 150.
              Happy to predict it goes off favourite now, unless UK handicapper goes silly.
              Winter escape would be possible other favourite. Also 150 rated in IRE.
              Will he be well in on any of his form?

Or what makes you see him going off fav, is a better question?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Will he be well in on any of his form?
                The skelton horse you backed last year was running well off 150 (before he died ), and I think this horse has better form than that one.
                Le prezien won off 150.
                It's a tough race to get one well handicapped these days, there'll probably be no more than 8lbs separating the field and I'm looking more for a traveller with experience, and preferably a novice. As most of the other horses will be coming here for the second and third times.
                The two mentioned, given the connections seem to strongly fit the bill, and both now look like they will not be top rank amongst the grade ones.
                Although it wouldn't surprise me if either stick to graded race s at the festival.

Comment

Any concerns over Ducas run at Cheltenham last year?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    Any concerns over Ducas run at Cheltenham last year?
                    Only that they (connections) may have taken a view it doesn't act on the track after just the one attempt.
                    So not really, no.

Comment

Is 150 the ceiling for the Grand Annual?

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                        Is 150 the ceiling for the Grand Annual?
                        don't think there is one - not 100%

Comment

Top weight 154 last year.

Comment

Altior could run in it I think

Comment

I’ve backed Diego Du Charmil for the GA at 16/1. After he won his last race a few weeks ago I’m sure Nicholls stated his festival options were limited due to not being good enough to compete against Altior and not suitable for much else so the Grand Annual was his only realistic option. He’s currently 156 so he may a doubt??

Comment

Working...
                              X