Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Top Amateur
    Straight to Cheltenham now.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Reputations.
    Are on the line this weekend, so for a bit of fun.

Who do you think will enhance their reputation this weekend ?

And who will disappoint ?

With a view to cheltenham obviously.

Maybe three of each and we'll see after the weekend how well we've done.

We can all mark/appraise our own answers after the events.

Enhance.

Apples Jade
    Dunvegan
    Sir Erec

Disappoint

Vision D'honnuer
    Melon
    Vinndication
    Well done to all who had the balls to put your reputation on the line.
    Anyone who ducked it,

An appraisal of my own choices is easy as I did alright.

Apples Jade =
    need few words. I've said enough in the past about distances and good horses and mares allowances etc.

Dunvegan =
    The only real blot, but probably the most competitive race so not a surprise. It did look more of a race suited for bartlett types to me and I'd find it difficult to believe a ballymore winner was lurking. But took 10-1 NRNB Commander of Fleet (AB) who looked an out and out stayer. Pleased for all the long term backers of this one.

Sir Erec =
    Understandably there is a bias for the French juveniles on here, but he's a very good horse and a justifiable favourite from a racing outfit who are probably second to none when it comes to breeding.

Vision D'honnuer =
    I thought the maiden win last time was flattering after learning the times, and it now looks like this was the case as Klassical Dream franked the form of their first meeting, Vision looks slow in comparison. Having said that, he's clearly talented and I couldn't completely rule out a good run at cheltenham on 'soft' ground.

Melon =
    Honestly, he's fucking shit outside of cheltenham and anyone backing him on other courses is mad.
    He should run in the international hurdle and champion hurdle full stop.
    Or go chasing. Still not won a grade one and form is flattering.

Vinndication =
    This panned out really well also, as I just thought the other two were better horses. Although I still think we may see Vinndication in a better light, probably over further but maybe not in a really good grade one.

Overall, pleased with my visualisation of these horses, and give myself 9/10.
    Just regret not going for Le Richebourg instead of Dunvegan as I'd have looked a right clever twat then.

I suggest you all mark your own work.
    And if you don't
    I might do it for you.
    Last edited by quevega; 02-03-2019 at 02:46 PM.

3lb Claimer
    Dunvegan was examined post race by request of the trainer and the veterinary officer found him to be Clinically abnormal , not one to give up on yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw View Post
    Dunvegan was examined post race by request of the trainer and the veterinary officer found him to be Clinically abnormal , not one to give up on yet .
    10/10 then.
    cheers, didn't know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Enhance at Lingfield tomorrow...

Kachy and Wissahickon
    A+
    10/10

Well done Kevloaf.

A+
    10/10

Well done Kevloaf.
    mmmmmm, wrong exam paper.

Scared to do this, feel like I'm setting myself up for a fail

Enhance
    Sir Erec (The percentage call is disappoint but, they've tried to give Joseph the perfect horse to win it and I hope he does, but he has more to lose than the others... then again, it didn't do Ivanovic Gorbatov any harm!)
    Klassical Dream (To go single figures and look like Ruby's Supreme ride)
    Al Boum Photo (Frank that Presenting Percy form some more)

Disappoint
    Delta Work (Not sure he'll win as well as the odds suggest, he'd need to hammer LBAR to enhance his already solid claims)
    Winter Escape (Did back this horse for JLT but a defeat tomorrow and that previous run will look like a one off)
    Melon (Expecting him to be beaten, and to drift to a back able price)
    A+
    10/10

Enhance:
    Sir Erec - Went with my gut, I thought he was superb, and the plan is still on.
    Klassical Dream - Has gone single figures and looks like Ruby's Supreme ride.
    ABP - NR

Disappoint:
    DW - NR
    Winter Escape - Not good enough to win the JLT, that run last time does look a one off?
    Melon - Was beaten, and has drifted to 16/1, a backable each way price on his Cheltenham course form

Watched it back WE tenderly treated when not going to win - delicate beast though