Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horse you wished you'd backed but haven't

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horse you wished you'd backed but haven't

There's always the ones that got away when antepost punting.

after Saturday the biggest miss for me has to be

Paisley Park.

Will possibly be max bet on the day now, when I could have had it for normal stakes at far bigger, and even turned down 10-1 last friday. was at cheltenham so couldn't snatch a price if any were available.

I must admit there's nothing else really that I've left alone that I now think has a strong strong chance.

Ps.
    Scooby, we know yours is Laurina so you don't have to comment

Paisley is one of my near misses as well. I had him on my "to back" list but for one reason or another I forgot to do him.

Comment

MIN -Ryanair at bigger price, was on my shortlist very early on, but the rest is history I suppose.

Comment

Champ - I literally waited for months for that handicap he ran in - smashed into him for that.

He then goes to the Challow, I was annoyed that I hadn’t a penny on antepost and he wins again. Again I had him as a single but nothing antepost.

And then I’ve been waiting wondering if something will come out and look better so I don’t feel as bad with myself. But nothing has.

So really I should be on him at the huge prices before than handicap win (he was 50/1 before the race - I looked).

Comment

Fakir d'oudaries
          Put him up for the race on Sat knowing pic had him covered .....
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Ballyward
            Though still confident on ok corral,if he turns up here

Comment

Going to get wonder laish in the book before he runs on Saturday @ DRF

Comment

I suppose, as it's my modus operandi to get ahead of the book with the fav in every race unless I strongly believe the fav has no chance...

I only have two of the non handicaps where I haven't backed the fav at a bigger price than they are now

Champ - Should have backed blindly when Hugh Taylor put him up knowing he'd shorten
                Honeysuckle - Wasn't a big enough price when I don't think she'll go off fav

and to be fair, the Albert Bartlett, I can't really tell what the ante post fav is!

There are a few in the handicaps too, but I can live with them.

Short answer - Champ

Comment

Paisley Park. Havent been a believer but prob should have took the big price. Will look to get it beat on the day. I'd love that horse to be Faugheen.
                  Laurina - again should have took the double digits. Unbackable price for me now on what shes done.

The post i'm sick i missed - when 40s were advertised on here (Kev maybe?) for Fakir for the triumph before last run.

Bar those i dont really mind. I dont go in with as many backed as most on this forum so i dont mind not having certain horses covered.

Comment

Definitely Paisley Park

Comment

OK Corral. I stuck a small free bet on him months ago @ 20/1 for the NHC but never got a meaningful amount on before the price collapsed to 3/1. I had it ready to pull the trigger at 33/1 a few months back and never did which is annoying

Comment

Fakir is one for me especially after the price move on Saturday and still 40/1 in places. Have played the back with view to cash out a lot this year but was sure I had the winner in (adjali / sir Eric or pic). Given it was the triumph of all races I didn’t want too many

Comment

Have to say cash out has meant i’ve missed less current favs / short priced ones than I otherwise would have done, the likes of Champ, Le Richburgh, Lostintranslation and Angels Breath I’m not sure i’d have backed at big prices otherwise.

Like others I’ve not covered last Saturday’s deadly duo PP and Fakir. No real regret about that as never intended to back PP and while a little disappointed not to see Kev’s message on Fakir i’d have only backed because of cash out and you can’t catch them all

Comment

Definitely Farik, after he was pointed out to be 40s and then 25s here.

Unfortunately I was working, so didn't get on until after the race was over to see

Comment

Hmmm tough one as currently it's Paisely PArk, but he wasn't really on my radar so it's hard to feel hard done by

Champ for thre Hugh Taylor reason listed in the thread

I couldn't pick between Battleoverdoyen and Tornado Flyer when they met, so I put 1 point on each of them for the Ballymore, which isn't bad, but i'd rather have more on BOD now

Comment

Working...
                              X