Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Horses for Cheltenham 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    McFabulous gets a mention on the video on here:

So much has happened since I arrived here 25 years ago in October, 1991 with eight horses. As the winners began to flow we worked hard to upgrade things...

Others include Silver Forever, Flic Ou Voyou, Ask For Glory, Eritage and Enrilo.
    Just watched this

Obviously positive for a good word to be put in, but he came back with sore shins after running at Cheltenham

That’s a bit of a worry
    Last edited by Hurricane fly; 7 July 2019, 09:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
      Birchdale (Hendersons) ran a great race in Albert Bartlett , cruised round and looked best horse in race how he travelled through race till turning for home. blatantly didn't stay and Hendo said as much , he said he should have switched Birchdale and Champ (got impression he was under pressure to keep Champ at 2.5 at the time.Henderson was and still is very sweet on Birchdale and his only target is the JLT , well worth a punt.
      Bit of 33/1 available.

Have you got a link to that video or quotes?

I can see me parting with money if all the stars align.

Comment

• I know this has already been mentioned , but Sam Spinner is going Chasing , ............
        Sporting Life today../
        Last edited by BigChaang; 27 July 2019, 09:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          I know this has already been mentioned , but Sam Spinner is going Chasing , ............
          Sporting Life today../
          Horse I'm fond of, but I think a jockeys skills are even more important over fences than hurdles. Over hurdles (bar probably Ruby Walsh and Noel Fehily, probably a few others) I don't think it has as-big-an-impact as over fences... Joe Colliver won't win a graded chase at Cheltenham in his career...and I imagine the owners/trainer will stay loyal to him so he won't end up in the amatuer race either.

One to watch as I do like him and did back him last year too, but I won't find it hard to look past him this year on that basis alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Bit of 33/1 available.

Have you got a link to that video or quotes?

I can see me parting with money if all the stars align.

Some info under the video clip of Santini in his blog.

I've had a few units with BFSB @ 33-1 as thought he looked promising last year. Wasn't a fan at all of Henderson going for the Potato race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Horse I'm fond of, but I think a jockeys skills are even more important over fences than hurdles. Over hurdles (bar probably Ruby Walsh and Noel Fehily, probably a few others) I don't think it has as-big-an-impact as over fences... Joe Colliver won't win a graded chase at Cheltenham in his career...and I imagine the owners/trainer will stay loyal to him so he won't end up in the amatuer race either.

One to watch as I do like him and did back him last year too, but I won't find it hard to look past him this year on that basis alone.
              Surely worth getting in the book at 40/1

Comment

• In that blog NH mentions Dickie Diver genuinely stays 3miles, I’m getting a festival4miler sort of buzz

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
                  Surely worth getting in the book at 40/1
                  Umm - not for me.

I had him at 36/1 for the Stayers Hurdle last year when I knew he was a grade 1 winning hurdler...

Before I see him jump a fence in public I wouldn't take the punt... and on this stage it is a punt that he takes to fences and is up to (and may need to be better than) the form he showed over hurdles.

Comment

• Doesn’t take much to find out though at 40’s...went off fav for the stayers hurdle 2 years ago and trip isn’t a problem. If he can jump and wins first time out that 40/1 will be 16s. Worth a 1/2 point to have him onside imo

Comment

• On Sam Spinner - I'd also worry about them spending that extra year over hurdles. A 'trend' to be shot at but the record of horses having done so, particularly staying chasers is overall poor. Not a fan of trends as a whole and I'll always try and look past them but I do think that has some merit. I generally feel like it's a move more in desperation and hope rather than planned foresight (though I could be wrong in this case) where the horse in question just hasn't quite reached the heights expected of them over a hurdle. Outside of that Festival 2nd SS had a pretty dire season looking at one stage to fall completely out of love with the game and jumping (therefore a lot of credit bas to be given to the trainer for getting him back on form in March). That's not to say he can't go onto win some decent prizes over fences in his career, perhaps in handicaps but it would stop me considering him for the top grade 1 chases and in regards to the RSA this coming season - a very hot looking race already potentially.

Some clever placing though could I agree see 40/1 be long gone and it's the kind of prices I'd be absolutely looking at this far out but he'll have a fair bit on his plate to get me inside personally
                      Last edited by jono; 28 July 2019, 05:44 PM.

Comment

• Keen to keep an eye on Ditchheat Stable Tour when it appears, looking at any word on Grand Sancy, ran well over hurdles and then a tame effort at the Fest ( Poss ground or just lacking that little bit extra) interested in if it goes Chasing , and will be looking at it for the Nov H’Cap Chase on the first day, I guess the owners and PN will hope for it to be an Arkle horse and could well develop into a better one for the English, but just think looking at the potential opposition, could be looked after for the H’Cap

Comment

• Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                          Keen to keep an eye on Ditchheat Stable Tour when it appears, looking at any word on Grand Sancy, ran well over hurdles and then a tame effort at the Fest ( Poss ground or just lacking that little bit extra) interested in if it goes Chasing , and will be looking at it for the Nov H’Cap Chase on the first day, I guess the owners and PN will hope for it to be an Arkle horse and could well develop into a better one for the English, but just think looking at the potential opposition, could be looked after for the H’Cap
                          Also waiting on news of this going chasing. Very interested in Nichols novice chasers this season as he seemed to have better novice hurdlers last year. And he’s adept at improving them for a fence.
                          Sancy not priced up for arkle but would interest me for sure.
                          Not sure the novice handicap on the Tuesday will fit as his hurdle rating was a bit high.
                          Would need to drop a few pounds for that and run accordingly poor.
                          If it goes chasing I reckon Nichols will be quite ambitious with it

Comment

• What do people think of samcro this season? Had a wind op and going chasing, where do you think he’ll end up?

Comment

What do people think of samcro this season? Had a wind op and going chasing, where do you think he’ll end up?
                              The 4 miler - sorry - the 3mile 6 furlonger!

Comment

What do people think of samcro this season? Had a wind op and going chasing, where do you think he’ll end up?
                                Could be any of three or four races so probably best in the any race market imo

Comment

Working...
                                X