Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur

Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Fred Winter) 2019

Liked the promising run from fine Brunello for this on Saturday
    Needs to get one more run into him
    Could be a jp plot
    20/1 BV looks generous
    Last edited by Liammet; 01-29-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Band of Outlaws

The three I've backed in this are:
    Our Power
    Elysees
    Fanfan du seuil

Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Band of Outlaws
    He's hugely on the radar for me

Lottery. Band of Outlaws will do for me.

Surin & possibly Dogon for me, if that one can bounce back.

Top Amateur
    Festival must be close if the Fred Winter thread is up!

Saw this this morning, posted up by Ryan from On The Hunt pod on Lethal Steps for this race and the potential with headgear

I haven't actually watched his 2 races yet but I liked the reasoning. Any views?

Look For Blinkers On Lethal Steps
    One of the biggest eye catchers of the weekend was Sunday's Naas runner-up Lethal Steps, who has a sneaky look about him for the Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle!

On his hurdling debut at Fairyhouse last year, he drifted vigorously in the market from 2/1 to 6s and was given a very educational ride, before staying on strongly, given way too much to do.

Again on Sunday, he was given time over his hurdles and stayed on strongly, this time to take second behind a smart one in Konitho, trained by Joseph O'Brien.

On the Flat, this horse was borderline Group class, rated 102, but his best performances seemed to be linked to him wearing blinkers, which he hasn't done so over hurdles, yet.

Trainer Ger Lyons used blinkers on him for the first time in the Group 3 Derby Trial at Leopardstown, where he was only beaten 5 lengths by subsequent Epsom Derby fifth Hazapour.

Then when trained by Andrew Balding, blinkers went back on in a Listed event at Newmarket and he outran his 50/1 odds to be beaten just 2 lengths, finishing fourth.

I have a suspicion that trainer Gordon Elliot, who won last year's Fred Winter with Veneer Of Charm, has some headgear at his County Meath yard reserved for Lethal Steps to wear for something big - perhaps the Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle?
    https://bookmakers.co.uk/news/chelte...ter-dark-horse

When will we know if he's going to pop a pair of blinkers on?

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Saw this this morning, posted up by Ryan from On The Hunt pod on Lethal Steps for this race and the potential with headgear

I haven't actually watched his 2 races yet but I liked the reasoning. Any views?

https://bookmakers.co.uk/news/chelte...ter-dark-horse
    Whether this wins or loses, it’s arguments like this that gets me to have a small bet. It’s a clever point and could be spot on.

Now what price is this one NRNB..