Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Fred Winter) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boodles Juvenile Handicap Hurdle (Fred Winter) 2019

Liked the promising run from fine Brunello for this on Saturday
    Needs to get one more run into him
    Could be a jp plot
    20/1 BV looks generous
    Last edited by Liammet; 29 January 2019, 10:09 AM.

Band of Outlaws

Comment

The three I've backed in this are:
      Our Power
      Elysees
      Fanfan du seuil

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
        Band of Outlaws
        He's hugely on the radar for me

Comment

Lottery. Band of Outlaws will do for me.

Comment

Surin & possibly Dogon for me, if that one can bounce back.

Comment

Festival must be close if the Fred Winter thread is up!

Comment

Saw this this morning, posted up by Ryan from On The Hunt pod on Lethal Steps for this race and the potential with headgear

I haven't actually watched his 2 races yet but I liked the reasoning. Any views?

Look For Blinkers On Lethal Steps
                One of the biggest eye catchers of the weekend was Sunday's Naas runner-up Lethal Steps, who has a sneaky look about him for the Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle!

On his hurdling debut at Fairyhouse last year, he drifted vigorously in the market from 2/1 to 6s and was given a very educational ride, before staying on strongly, given way too much to do.

Again on Sunday, he was given time over his hurdles and stayed on strongly, this time to take second behind a smart one in Konitho, trained by Joseph O'Brien.

On the Flat, this horse was borderline Group class, rated 102, but his best performances seemed to be linked to him wearing blinkers, which he hasn't done so over hurdles, yet.

Trainer Ger Lyons used blinkers on him for the first time in the Group 3 Derby Trial at Leopardstown, where he was only beaten 5 lengths by subsequent Epsom Derby fifth Hazapour.

Then when trained by Andrew Balding, blinkers went back on in a Listed event at Newmarket and he outran his 50/1 odds to be beaten just 2 lengths, finishing fourth.

I have a suspicion that trainer Gordon Elliot, who won last year's Fred Winter with Veneer Of Charm, has some headgear at his County Meath yard reserved for Lethal Steps to wear for something big - perhaps the Fred Winter Handicap Hurdle?

Comment

When will we know if he's going to pop a pair of blinkers on?

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Saw this this morning, posted up by Ryan from On The Hunt pod on Lethal Steps for this race and the potential with headgear

I haven't actually watched his 2 races yet but I liked the reasoning. Any views?

https://bookmakers.co.uk/news/chelte...ter-dark-horse
                    Whether this wins or loses, it’s arguments like this that gets me to have a small bet. It’s a clever point and could be spot on.

Now what price is this one NRNB..

Comment

Lethal Steps e/w @ 20/1 (NRNB) added

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post

https://bookmakers.co.uk/news/chelte...ter-dark-horse
                        Intresting angle potentially, on a wider note what do you make of Ryan or those Hunt pod lads ? I've watched a few and clearly they delve into form and follow racing avidly etc ,the use of words like "chucked in , absolute weapon " regular then flopping seems regular mind.It seems couple are involved with private tipping services so must be doing something right

Comment

On Lethal Steps, i thought he was bordering on a classic contender after his first two runs. Spoke to Ger Lyons at Down Royal during that year, and he didn't put me off....Fairly went wrong after that- Interesting horse nonetheless.

I like Fine Brunello personally.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Intresting angle potentially, on a wider note what do you make of Ryan or those Hunt pod lads ? I've watched a few and clearly they delve into form and follow racing avidly etc ,the use of words like "chucked in , absolute weapon " regular then flopping seems regular mind.It seems couple are involved with private tipping services so must be doing something right
                            Ry's dead on i chat to him on twitter a fair bit. He likes a big price + they've clicked a few times. He does his homework ok.

Ethan as well, pity about him being a Gunner.

Don't know about the others that well.

Comment

...threw an early dart at this with Katpoli.

Comment

Working...
                              X