Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Epsom Derby 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Anyone got a strong opinion as to whether Bangkok will stay the 12F? He has already beat Telecaster over 10F this season but my worry is that he looks to have plenty of pace and may not see out the trip.

Having watched all the trials again tonight I'm tempted to switch from Telecaster to Bangkok and make him my main bet in the process.
    Interesting... definitely don't have a strong opinion on it but Telecaster definitely improved for the run... so to take the form too literally wouldn't be gospel and Technician whom he beat fairly easily was then walloped by Sir Dragonet so it's hard to get too excited?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Interesting... definitely don't have a strong opinion on it but Telecaster definitely improved for the run... so to take the form too literally wouldn't be gospel and Technician whom he beat fairly easily was then walloped by Sir Dragonet so it's hard to get too excited?
      Perhaps I'm just over thinking it and Telecaster does look like a different animal since Donny. If there are extra places on offer on Saturday I'll end up backing them both .

Comment

I think Bangkok is an excellent place only bet. I don't think 9/1 is a good win bet.... but I've been wrong once or twice before

Comment

Should add I also backed Dubai Warrior and Sea Of Faith ante post too

Comment

Backed Mehdaayih for the Oaks at 9/2 blindly following a Hugh Taylor antepost 2 pointer, how I like to roll during the flat season. Laid half my stake off at just over 5/2 which looks a good decision now as she's drifting after it was confirmed Frankie's not on board. Fingers crossed for a decent run

Comment

Maqsad wins the Oaks lads don’t worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                Maqsad wins the Oaks lads don’t worry.
                Love the confidence MoM, and hope you're right

Comment

Anyone got a strong opinion as to whether Bangkok will stay the 12F? He has already beat Telecaster over 10F this season but my worry is that he looks to have plenty of pace and may not see out the trip.

Having watched all the trials again tonight I'm tempted to switch from Telecaster to Bangkok and make him my main bet in the process.

*Just read Ista's stats but that alone isn't enough to put me off
                  27th April FM...

Comment

Derby draw

1 Line of Duty
                    2 Telecaster
                    3 Hiroshima
                    4 Sovereign
                    5 Circus Maximus
                    6 Madhmoon
                    7 Anthony Van Dyck
                    8 Broome
                    9 Humanitarian
                    10 Norway
                    11 Japan
                    12 Bangkok
                    13 Sir Dragonet

Comment

Love the confidence MoM, and hope you're right
                      Hope so mate. On at 12s. Really really fancy her.

Off to the oaks for the fourth year running. Much more pleasant than derby day in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I've backed Anthony Van Dyke for the Derby. 8/1 (few days back)

I'm anticipating Donnacha gets put on the impressive Chester winner Sir Dragonet and Ryan will be on.

Not a sexy one but just really solid.

Also added Madhmoon 25/1 before the guineas
                        Well done Kev.

Thanks very much

Comment

Comment

Forgot how much I suck at the flat.

Might as well preemptively give my Ascot bank to charity

Comment

I feel your pain Robith ��

Comment

Haha...you were included in my joint congrats on the other thread

Comment

Working...
                                X