Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Pertemps Network Final 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    Early Doors an interesting entry in the Huntingdon qualifier on Friday. He was 3rd in last year's MP (ahead of Sire Du Berlais) and has run well in 2 Grade 1s this season finishing ahead of some much higher rated rivals on both occasions. Been given 145 by the British handicapper which looks pretty good to me... he's beaten 8 rivals home in 2 runs this season and every single one of them was rated more than 145. 16s nrnb or best price 20s. One I'll be keeping on eye on.

Not Many Left, mentioned by doc earlier, is also entered and is another to watch.

And for anyone who hasn't already fallen off that cliff Squouateur is entered and has been sent to Ben Haslam!
    Good spot with ED
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
      Early Doors an interesting entry in the Huntingdon qualifier on Friday. He was 3rd in last year's MP (ahead of Sire Du Berlais) and has run well in 2 Grade 1s this season finishing ahead of some much higher rated rivals on both occasions. Been given 145 by the British handicapper which looks pretty good to me... he's beaten 8 rivals home in 2 runs this season and every single one of them was rated more than 145. 16s nrnb or best price 20s. One I'll be keeping on eye on.

Not Many Left, mentioned by doc earlier, is also entered and is another to watch.

And for anyone who hasn't already fallen off that cliff Squouateur is entered and has been sent to Ben Haslam!

Your excellent research showed the Huntingdon qualifier to be a poor guide to the final.
      There was a trend doc put up in here 3/4 years ago showing horses to have had their prep runs at the likes of Huntingdon and Ludlow which are the polar opposite of Cheltenham are 0-160 or thereabouts.
      Obviously there’s time to get another run into horses after this week but, for me, it takes a very versatile horse to excel on both flat right handed and undulating left handed tracks...

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
        Your excellent research showed the Huntingdon qualifier to be a poor guide to the final.
        There was a trend doc put up in here 3/4 years ago showing horses to have had their prep runs at the likes of Huntingdon and Ludlow which are the polar opposite of Cheltenham are 0-160 or thereabouts.
        Obviously there’s time to get another run into horses after this week but, for me, it takes a very versatile horse to excel on both flat right handed and undulating left handed tracks...
        He wont be running to excel. Id have thought. Ideally he'll be dropped in and stay on for no better than 5th. Then hills push him out again to 33s would be the dream.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Agree CCM, I'd have hoped for bigger and it's not enough to tempt me in right now, particularly as you'd actually be hoping/expecting he doesn't win on Friday.

Those numbers do look fairly damning Ista, but would it still worry you for a horse with proven Cheltenham form? The sample will have included an awful lot of horses who had got into this race by being flat track bullies at the Huntingdons/Ludlows of this world. But if ED qualifies via Huntingdon it will purely be because the timing of the race has fitted and he just needs to get a qualifying run somewhere soon. I suppose what I'm saying is there can't be many horses who fit ED's profile that have had their prep runs at this type of course.

I've no doubt your stat goes back further than the 5 years I have researched but it's worth pointing out that the Huntingdon fixture was abandoned in 2 of the last 5 years. And the winner of the race last year (Taj Badalandabad) was 4th in the Final... so still hitting a place at a huge price.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            He wont be running to excel. Id have thought. Ideally he'll be dropped in and stay on for no better than 5th. Then hills push him out again to 33s would be the dream.
            I haven't seen the entries but qualification requires a top 6 finish, unlikely I assume but if there are 25 who see this as their only way to get in they won't hit the 6 without coming off the bridle.
            If I get time I'll look at the Huntingdon qualifiers from recent years and see how they performed

Comment

Does the Friday race state its a qualifier??

Got it now. Cheers.

Not Many Left has an entry which is more appealing to me.
              Last edited by doctorwu; 22 January 2019, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Robbie Power jocked up for Not Many Left for Jessica at Huntingdon. Lets see if the horse gets declared??

Comment

Morning all, first post but stumbled across forum this morning and glad I did!

Anyway, Jessie in her Unibet blog this morning

"I also run Not Many Left in the Pertemps Qualifier and I’ve been delighted with him. He won his maiden last year and competed well in graded company as a novice. He ran well at Limerick at Christmas time when he just got a little muscle tired for his first run of season. He has come on a nice bit for that run, though he may want the ground a bit softer."

Comment

Welcome to the forum UR

Comment

welcome UR , your not Ruby in disguise are you.

Comment

Ha nope, did consider "Fell at the last" as a username though!

Comment

Originally posted by Unseated Rider View Post
                          haha , your fit in great on here , good luck at Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                            haha , your fit in great on here , good luck at Cheltenham

If I see any serious 'Ruby Walsh falls off on purpose comments' they'll be met with ban they deserve.

Comment

Haha I'm not one of those fellas but duly noted!

Back on topic, Early Doors not declared for tomorrow's qualifier

Comment

Haha I'm not one of those fellas but duly noted!

Back on topic, Early Doors not declared for tomorrow's qualifier
                                Saw that UR. Not Many Left running.

Comment

Working...
                                X