Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Top Amateur
    VF , Walk to Freedom has an entry on 24th jan at Gowran pk - 3m 1f Thystes h/cap chs .
    Any thought's on this ..??

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    VF , Walk to Freedom has an entry on 24th jan at Gowran pk - 3m 1f Thystes h/cap chs .
    Saw that other day.
    Only rated 135 over fences and some reasonable form couple years back.
    Just trying their luck I reckon.
    Horse looks really well this year.
    And shouldn't hurt his hurdle rating if he runs and reasonably well .
    If he wins is another matter with regards the pertemps.
    Does look like a big chaser

Quote Originally Posted by doctorwu View Post
    VF,
    I agree that the aim is this race, but does the horse fit the profile for this race now?? Should we not be looking for an up an coming novice with potential to be a high-end graded performer?
    Interested in your views.
    Doc - the short answer is no she doesnít fit the profile of the most recent winners. And that is what is what is stopping me from having a bet. She does however tick lots of other boxes that I like... festival form, proven at the distance, right sort of age and rating. She even fits the Gaultstats highlighted trend of between 6-15 hurdle starts. I think itís short sighted to assume there will be a Presenting Percy or a Delta Work in this every year so must keep an open mind to those who donít obviously fit that mould. And she looks one of the likelier ones at the moment.

Yep saw that and agree with what Quevega says, why not have a stab at a good race off a favourable mark. Gets a run into the horse without compromising his hurdles rating. It doesn’t worry me and I still expect this race to be plan A.

Top Amateur
    Just looking at the age of the horses.
    2018 - 1st - 6 y/o. 2nd - 8 y/o. 3rd - 7 y/o. 4th - 9 y/o.
    2017 - 8 9 8 13.
    2016 - 9 9 11 10.
    2015 - 10 10 13 11.
    2014 - 13 11 11 13.
    2013 - 12 7 8 12.

Superb again VF. Thank you.

I have been following Aspen Colorado for this and have taken 25-1 so far. I am hoping he can sneak in the bottom of the weights as VF adhered to.

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by jonthehammer View Post
    Superb again VF. Thank you.

I have been following Aspen Colorado for this and have taken 25-1 so far. I am hoping he can sneak in the bottom of the weights as VF adhered to.
    Do you think he'll have another run Jon ? , or they hope he'll sneak in at 135 ??.

Do you think he'll have another run Jon ? , or they hope he'll sneak in at 135 ??.
    Looks like 135 is the bare minimum to get in so its a risk not running him again. Bit of a tricky one. Do you stick or twist? No entries at present but I will be checking over the next week or two.

Early Doors an interesting entry in the Huntingdon qualifier on Friday. He was 3rd in last year's MP (ahead of Sire Du Berlais) and has run well in 2 Grade 1s this season finishing ahead of some much higher rated rivals on both occasions. Been given 145 by the British handicapper which looks pretty good to me... he's beaten 8 rivals home in 2 runs this season and every single one of them was rated more than 145. 16s nrnb or best price 20s. One I'll be keeping on eye on.

Not Many Left, mentioned by doc earlier, is also entered and is another to watch.

And for anyone who hasn't already fallen off that cliff Squouateur is entered and has been sent to Ben Haslam!

Top Amateur
    Couldnt agree more about Early Doors VF... this horse is top of my list for the race. Was slightly disappointed with the price though.