Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Close Bros Handicap Chase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eggs View Post
    ....Jacob saying in his Sporting Life column that this race is the aim for Kildisart.
    Very conflicting...

“A lovely horse who I’ve ridden on his last eight starts and he won his third race for me last time when just getting the better of Activial at Ascot. He showed a good attitude that day and, while it’ll be a tough task giving weight to plenty of these, he’s a talented horse and I’m looking forward to seeing what he can do on his handicap debut over fences. We're giving him a taste of Cheltenham with a view to running in the Close Brothers Handicap Chase at the Festival.”

Comment

Lough Derg Spirit wins today, or at least he needs to, to get in here. Backed him for this race and for the race today @ Ludlow..

In contrast, White Moon will hopefully lose again today, and drop a couple more lb's, with a view to dropping back down in trip (the correct trip for the horse) and coming here.

Comment

The handicapper will decide if Kilsidart runs here surely

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Lough Derg Spirit wins today, or at least he needs to, to get in here. Backed him for this race and for the race today @ Ludlow..

In contrast, White Moon will hopefully lose again today, and drop a couple more lb's, with a view to dropping back down in trip (the correct trip for the horse) and coming here.
          A pretty perfect day all round for my handicap hopes. LDS hacks up and will very likely get in the Close Bros. now, and White Moon got beat over a trip too long and will likely be dropped a couple more before taking his chance in this....I hope!

LDS also jumped left going right handed so Cheltenham will suit a lot more too.

Comment

Lough Derg Spirit - inclined to forgive last run in a hot race. but went off favourite.
            Won well today and would need to get raised (and they might not as the opposition pretty much all fell down)
            But looks henderson's type for this race
            backed it each way NRNB 20's sky.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
              Lough Derg Spirit - inclined to forgive last run in a hot race. but went off favourite.
              Won well today and would need to get raised (and they might not as the opposition pretty much all fell down)
              But looks henderson's type for this race
              backed it each way NRNB 20's sky.
              Welcome aboard Friend spoke to G&P and they said this race the likely target, into 14's now NRNB.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Welcome aboard Friend spoke to G&P and they said this race the likely target, into 14's now NRNB.
                nice one, missed your comment earlier today.
                Hopefully 6lb penalty for that, job done.

Comment

nice one, missed your comment earlier today.
                  Hopefully 6lb penalty for that, job done.
                  Exactly what I am hoping for

Comment

I wouldn't be confident he'll get the necessary rating rise with the race falling apart the way it did. It's a shame they didn't stand up as no doubt he'd have still won impressively and then he'd have warranted a nice bump. For me he's likely to need at least 4lb to get in, I wouldn't want to be chancing anything on less than 140 (without nrnb).

B365 have pushed White Moon out to 25s which is fairly generous, although I don't love his jumping. Some really good leaps interspersed with others that leave me a little bit on edge.

Comment

365 have added Lough Derg Spirit at 20s to this market

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                        I wouldn't be confident he'll get the necessary rating rise with the race falling apart the way it did. It's a shame they didn't stand up as no doubt he'd have still won impressively and then he'd have warranted a nice bump. For me he's likely to need at least 4lb to get in, I wouldn't want to be chancing anything on less than 140 (without nrnb).

B365 have pushed White Moon out to 25s which is fairly generous, although I don't love his jumping. Some really good leaps interspersed with others that leave me a little bit on edge.
                        I said as much earlier, but if the handicapper is doing his job he should see what you saw, and act accordingly.
                        It was also a handicap , not just a novice chase, and he gave 12lbs and a 12 length beating to the second.
                        we'll find out next tuesday.

Comment

Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          365 have added Lough Derg Spirit at 20s to this market
                          Cheers KSS, that interests me as you get to see what the handicapper does before making a call on the cash out.

Comment

I said as much earlier, but if the handicapper is doing his job he should see what you saw, and act accordingly.
                            It was also a handicap , not just a novice chase, and he gave 12lbs and a 12 length beating to the second.
                            we'll find out next tuesday.
                            Hope so Q, I'd like to see him get in this. Funny how we sometimes find ourselves actually wanting the handicapper to be harsh!

Comment

Might need all of that 6lb penalty, this race usually has and incredibly congested handicap...

Comment

I've gone NRNB with SkyBet, which takes the worry out of whether he gets in or not. I'd still prefer the 14's NRNB than the 20's with 365 myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X