Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

The Breeding Thread (Shed)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Breeding Thread (Shed)

Good place to put down and chat about any sires and their progeny?

Decent thread to kick this one off lifted from Ante Post thread.

Originally posted by evertoncal View Post
    One thing I'll be doing this year is following all Getaway progeny. I'll be backing all of them and maybe clubbing together some in multiples. For small money like but I think it may pay alright. I really like his progeny and I'm sure people have probably looked at it already but it may be interesting to follow. They seem all to be pretty genuine, good travellers and have a turn of foot. Ground doesn't seem a huge problem for them all either in general and I'll be doing on the day backing of all progeny, though siding more with the bigger prices each way (if these are available).

I can see all these possibly going the festival:
    Verdana Blue
    Getaway Trump
    Getabird (probably needs to go right handed mind)
    Downtown Getaway
    Talkischeap
    I can't explain
    Getareason
    Hear no evil
    Getaway Katie Mai
    Lust for Glory
    Rathhill (probably won't mind as still a baby in Tolworth)
    Jarveys Plate

Just a few to keep in mind for handicaps as well as graded novices and such like.

I’ve mentioned Getaway a few times this season, not just due to his breeding ability but also the fact I struggle to predict what distances his progeny will run in their novice hurdle seasons.

The other ‘new’ sires that are breaking through and I like are Mahler, Yeats and Jeremy.

Comment

Jeremy is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
        Jeremy is dead.
        That might explain why he’s not returning my calls

Comment

Saddler Maker!

View detailed progeny statistics for Saddler Maker including wins, runs and total earnings

Comment

Authorized would be my pick.

Comment

Walk In The Park

Comment

I didn't know this... would be why some people avoid them I guess?

AQPS

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AQPS ("Autre Que Pur-Sang"), translated as "Other than Thoroughbred" (not "Other than Pure-Blood"), is a general term used in France to refer to horses not listed as Thoroughbreds. Anglo-Arabians, Selle Français (or French Riding Horse), and French Trotters plus all other crossbreds can be qualified as AQPS. For racing purposes, each breed has its own studbook. The designation usually means one parent is not listed in the Thoroughbred stud book and almost always applies to those horses with Selle Français breeding in the damline.
                The AQPS racing breed developed around the end of the 19th century when French farmers began to cross cart horse mares with Thoroughbred stallions to produce a fast and hardy horse that has proven to be best suited for steeplechase racing. The average person most likely would not be able to see any difference between an AQPS and a Thoroughbred as evolution of the breed has resulted in AQPS horses today being 87.5 percent Thoroughbred and 12.5 percent French saddle-bred.
                The Association des Eleveurs d'AQPS is a member partner in the French Racing and Breeding Committee (FRBC).
                Probably the best-known AQPS horse in the world is Al Capone II, who won the Group One Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 1997 plus seven consecutive Group One Prix La Haye Jousselin steeplechase races at Auteuil Hippodrome from 1993 through 1999. His full brother The Fellow won the Prix La Haye Jousselin in 1990, the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 1991 and enjoyed even greater success in England where he won the King George VI Chase in 1991 and 1992 and the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1994.
                Mon Mome, winner of the Grand National in 2009, followed by Neptune Collonges in 2012 are AQPS horses, as is Orphée des Blins, winner of The Grand Pardubice Steeplechase 2012, 2013 and 2014.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I didn't know this... would be why some people avoid them I guess?

AQPS

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

AQPS ("Autre Que Pur-Sang"), translated as "Other than Thoroughbred" (not "Other than Pure-Blood"), is a general term used in France to refer to horses not listed as Thoroughbreds. Anglo-Arabians, Selle Français (or French Riding Horse), and French Trotters plus all other crossbreds can be qualified as AQPS. For racing purposes, each breed has its own studbook. The designation usually means one parent is not listed in the Thoroughbred stud book and almost always applies to those horses with Selle Français breeding in the damline.
                  The AQPS racing breed developed around the end of the 19th century when French farmers began to cross cart horse mares with Thoroughbred stallions to produce a fast and hardy horse that has proven to be best suited for steeplechase racing. The average person most likely would not be able to see any difference between an AQPS and a Thoroughbred as evolution of the breed has resulted in AQPS horses today being 87.5 percent Thoroughbred and 12.5 percent French saddle-bred.
                  The Association des Eleveurs d'AQPS is a member partner in the French Racing and Breeding Committee (FRBC).
                  Probably the best-known AQPS horse in the world is Al Capone II, who won the Group One Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 1997 plus seven consecutive Group One Prix La Haye Jousselin steeplechase races at Auteuil Hippodrome from 1993 through 1999. His full brother The Fellow won the Prix La Haye Jousselin in 1990, the Grand Steeple-Chase de Paris in 1991 and enjoyed even greater success in England where he won the King George VI Chase in 1991 and 1992 and the Cheltenham Gold Cup in 1994.
                  Mon Mome, winner of the Grand National in 2009, followed by Neptune Collonges in 2012 are AQPS horses, as is Orphée des Blins, winner of The Grand Pardubice Steeplechase 2012, 2013 and 2014.

You might not also know horses with AA next to the name

Ie sullydocAA
                  Is Anglo arab

I wrote down last year on my notes avoid all aqps winners.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Pretty sure Hors la Loi was AQPS too - he wasn’t bad either!

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                      Pretty sure Hors la Loi was AQPS too - he wasn’t bad either!
                      Un de sceaux the only real good one I can think of.

Comment

On the sire side - Court Cave getting more popular too.

Comment

Isn't the nutter that is UDS AQPS too?

Comment

Ah very interesting. I'd heard it obviously, but never checked out what it was.

I assume the flat racing series they have is therefore not as strong as the equivilant, as these 'types' are likely to be better the older/stronger they become? (Less likely to be as forward I suppose)?

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                              Un de sceaux the only real good one I can think of.
                              Iv obviously lost the plot.

Buveur dair

Comment

Working...
                              X