Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Martin Pipe Handicap Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    Cheers. No need to apologise because she could go anywhere or nowhere. I'm in a situation where I could have anything between zero and five runners on the Friday and if I don't know, I'd hate for anyone to be shelling out on any race without NRNB.
    That is an unbelievable situation to be in archie! Exciting and infuriating all at the same time.

Comment

Can I request the Close Brothers next VK?

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
        Can I request the Close Brothers next VK?
        This is not a disco bobby

It wasn’t the plan but let’s face it they’re all about as difficult as each other at this point so I might just give it a go! Won’t be for a few days though as I’m away for the weekend.

Comment

Satoshi runs today. They got him qualified for the Pertemps last time out and interestingly Conor Orr was on board that day who is on my shortlist of jockeys for this. Needs to take a hike in the ratings to get in either race but has been tried at grade 2 level this season so there’s a chance there is improvement to come.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
            Satoshi runs today. They got him qualified for the Pertemps last time out and interestingly Conor Orr was on board that day who is on my shortlist of jockeys for this. Needs to take a hike in the ratings to get in either race but has been tried at grade 2 level this season so there’s a chance there is improvement to come.
            I tried doing the pertemps Viking as I think it's one of the easiest, or has been for last few seasons sine the irish became dominant in general.
            But couldn't even find this years list of qualifying races and I spent over an hour looking.
            I found the current list of qualifiers on the BHA site but it was only up till mid November, and has not been updated since.

I think it's a good one to find a winner as it's a bit like the masters Golf with half the field exposed and probably can be written off.
            And of course there's only so many qualified to start with, and some of these will not have a good enough rating so can narrow the field even further. Don't think the bookies have fully latched onto this either.

Also the Irish only have 2 qualifiers I think, so there numbers are usually thin, so you can pretty much spot the likely ones from their lot.

So I request the pertemps please.

Already backed Sire du berlais 27-1 and Walk to freedom 33-1

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
              I tried doing the pertemps Viking as I think it's one of the easiest, or has been for last few seasons sine the irish became dominant in general.
              But couldn't even find this years list of qualifying races and I spent over an hour looking.

So I request the pertemps please.
              I'll let VF do the honours on the post but this might help when doing the opening post / for you :

29th October – Cheltenham
              9th November – Newbury
              11th November – Aintree
              13th November – Kempton
              9th December – Sandown
              11th December – Carlisle
              26th December – Wincanton
              28th December – Leopardstown
              14th January – Warwick
              27th January – Huntingdon
              4th February – Musselburgh
              11th February – Exeter
              17th February – Haydock
              21st February – Punchestown
              24th February – Chepstow

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

They were the qualifiers from 2018 and should be the same this year unless they've made any additions.
              As far as I am aware there are also I think 5 qualifiers in France but not sure on these,

November – Auteuil (Prix Count Schomberg)
              December – Cagnes sur Mer
              January – Cagnes sur Mer
              January – Pau
              February – Pau

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
                I'll let VF do the honours on the post but this might help when doing the opening post / for you :

29th October – Cheltenham
                9th November – Newbury
                11th November – Aintree
                13th November – Kempton
                9th December – Sandown
                11th December – Carlisle
                26th December – Wincanton
                28th December – Leopardstown
                14th January – Warwick
                27th January – Huntingdon
                4th February – Musselburgh
                11th February – Exeter
                17th February – Haydock
                21st February – Punchestown
                24th February – Chepstow

Reflecting on the 2020 Cheltenham Festival and building up towards 2021. Threads on all major races including Gold Cup, Queen Mother and Champion Hurdle. Share early Cheltenham Festival Tips and check out our preview night reports.

They were the qualifiers from 2018, looks like they still match (bar a day out on some)
                As far as I am aware there are also I think 5 qualifiers in France but not sure on these,

November – Auteuil (Prix Count Schomberg)
                December – Cagnes sur Mer
                January – Cagnes sur Mer
                January – Pau
                February – Pau
                Thankyou sir

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                  A Pertemps thread would be great VF.
                  I need Satoshi to win today to get in.
                  Im making this my mission after getting chinned on the line with Glenloe last year. The manner of his defeat really hurt last year, not to mention the multiples.

My book so far.
                  Thermistocles 50/1
                  Satoshi 66/1
                  Not many left 25/1

I want to add "The Organist" but still undecided.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    A Pertemps thread would be great VF.
                    I need Satoshi to win today to get in.
                    Im making this my mission after getting chinned on the line with Glenloe last year. The manner of his defeat really hurt last year, not to mention the multiples.

My book so far.
                    Thermistocles 50/1
                    Satoshi 66/1
                    Not many left 25/1

I want to add "The Organist" but still undecided.
                    Trappy trappy races, but 66/1 is huge for a well supported fav today

I shall dabble

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                      Trappy trappy races, but 66/1 is huge for a well supported fav today

I shall dabble
                      Highly likely the winner hasnt even been entered for a qualifier yet. Quite possibly they havent even thought of the horse for the race yet.
                      Last qualifier at punchestown is usually telling.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I’ve been looking for the potential Elliott horse in this alongside the JP horse for Jonjo jr.

Palmers Hill has a big reputation and hosed up in November at the Open meeting. He doesn’t seem to have been missed in the market but you’d think he would be JJ’s ride?

Comment

Beakstown anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                            I’ve been looking for the potential Elliott horse in this alongside the JP horse for Jonjo jr.

Palmers Hill has a big reputation and hosed up in November at the Open meeting. He doesn’t seem to have been missed in the market but you’d think he would be JJ’s ride?
                            I could see junior riding Tedham in this for his dad.

Comment

Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                              I could see junior riding Tedham in this for his dad.
                              If ever Heineken done horse racing handicap plots , Jonjo would be your man. Progressive horse and wouldnt be the biggest surprise to see him go well.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                                If ever Heineken done horse racing handicap plots , Jonjo would be your man. Progressive horse and wouldnt be the biggest surprise to see him go well.
                                Declan Phelan (P2P expert) last weekend re: Tedham....."Has Jonjo a better horse in his yard?, I doubt it."

Comment

Working...
                                X