Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missed the start of this Betconnect one, did they mention Roksana?

Comment

• Excellent write up Jon , Thankyou . .

Comment

• Originally posted by The Nam View Post
        Joseph did mention tower bridge but don't recall which race.
        Close Brothers on day 1

Comment

• Is there an online stream for any tonight?

nevermind....found it

Last edited by Zipiter; 7 March 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• No worries chaps, anytime, you can tell I write minutes in work haha.
            I am done now apart from the one in Cheltenham itself on Sunday but I am going to relax at that one, Anything ground breaking I will report back though.

Comment

• Thanks for the effort Jon appreciated

Comment

• Thank Jon, yours efforts are much appreciated.
                The one thing many of you may already know which was mentioned last night by Christian Williams was that he broke Al Dancer in for Dai Walters (he cost £280,000) and spent quite a bit of time with him as a 3/4 yr old but said they had a number of issues with him going lame. They struggled with a few continuing ailments and injuries and although he’s a big horse he’s always been a bit fragile. That shouldn’t have that much of a bearing on the SNH but may have an impact on his longevity as a top level horse.

Comment

• I was at the Warwick preview night tonight.

The info I took out of it was:-
                  The Skelton's were massively keen on Spiritofthegames in the Plate (had that kind of sparkle in their eye) and very hopeful about Chtibello in the County.
                  They said notwhatiam is being touted in all the preview nights in the Pertemps but they couldn't understand why. His worse priced horse according to Dan. Olly Murphy said Gordon thought that Dallas Des Pictons was a group horse in a handicap in the Martin Pipe but that's not much of a surprise to anyone following the preview nights.
                  David Crosse said Kilfilum Cross (a horse he has ridden) is a 150 horse and gets in the Kim Muir off 139 so has loads in hand

Comment

• Links to imperial racing preview on their twitter feed

Comment

• ....Sporting Life covering Day One if anybody wants something to listen to in work;

Ed Chamberlin hosts our preview of day one of the Cheltenham Festival and he's joined by Lydia Hislop, Donn McClean, Ben Linfoot, Simon Holt and Mike Cattermole.

Comment

• Originally posted by howard87 View Post
                        I was at the Warwick preview night tonight.

The Skelton's were massively keen on Spiritofthegames in the Plate (had that kind of sparkle in their eye) and very hopeful about Chtibello in the County.
                        They said notwhatiam is being touted in all the preview nights in the Pertemps but they couldn't understand why. His worse priced horse according to Dan. Olly Murphy said Gordon thought that Dallas Des Pictons was a group horse in a handicap in the Martin Pipe but that's not much of a surprise to anyone following the preview nights.
                        David Crosse said Kilfilum Cross (a horse he has ridden) is a 150 horse and gets in the Kim Muir off 139 so has loads in hand
                        Thanks howard.
                        I only caught the first half but Skelton was quizzed on what his handicap cheat ups were and he said he’s reveal the 1,2,3 after the break, did you get those ?

Comment

• 1 was spirit of the games
                          2 was chitibello
                          3 was nowhatiam

Comment

• Many thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by howard87 View Post
                              I was at the Warwick preview night tonight.

was Anytime Will Do mentioned by the skeltons?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Santini is the one in the RSA for The Couch!<br><br>Delta Work will love it there, but he's sticking with his ante-post bet on Nicky Henderson's 7 year-old. <a href="https://t.co/NhhG45iLUm">https://t.co/NhhG45iLUm</a></p>&mdash; Coral (@Coral) <a href="https://twitter.com/Coral/status/1103965795456036864?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">8 March 2019</a></blockquote>
                                <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Video on link below

We&#8217;re live with a bumper Cheltenham periscope, as Couch + @pompey_dave preview the festival, including tips!
                                Last edited by Old Vic; 8 March 2019, 09:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X