Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post
    There really aren't many. Paul Kealy stand out, he tipped very well last year and did ok the year before. Jamie Codd mentions quite a few winners without outright tipping them.
    Statistically Paul Kealy tipped only 5 winners last year. Coo Star Sivola, Samcro, Balko Des Flos, Penhill, Farclas.

He also had 4 horses that placed. Kaleshnikov, Mengli Khan, Apples Jade, and Black Op, although he was probably tipping all but Mengli Khan to win.

Interestingly enough Ruby Walsh tipped the same amount of winners as Paul, and 6 that placed.

Scott Ruderham who was at one preview somewhere, dont have the notes in front of me, tipped 8 winners. Footpad, Buveur D'Air, Samcro, Tiger Roll,Balko Des Flos, The Storyteller, Laurina, Native River.

Overall, if anyone has read the Dan Watkins preview guide every year, he tipped the most winners and EW placers overall with 15. 7 of which were winners.

Comment

Originally posted by Gem1304 View Post
      Personally I see the previews as an addition to the build up to The Festival, I take very little out of them, but I bloody enjoy listening to them when I can
      Well said, spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
        Couch, is com, and useless.

That Pont Alexandre bit still has me creasing now, thinking about his kids rummaging around and finding betting slips in the shed
        Oh yeh haha. His best line has to be re ivanovich gorbatov from 7.20 onwards - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhIeXAXJmtg

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Oh yeh haha. His best line has to be re ivanovich gorbatov from 7.20 onwards - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BhIeXAXJmtg
          Careful with the needle, Dr

There's old Pont, right at the start lol.

Comment

Charity Bets from Huntingdon last night

@MattBrocklebank City Island (Ballymore)
            @JohnnyBurke2 Ok Corral (NH Chase)
            @StevenPowell89 Delta Work (RSA)
            @sportspunter01 Brio Conti (Coral Cup)
            Paul Ferguson Sir Erec (Triumph) *

Comment

Originally posted by isitmarchyet View Post
              Best tip I remember from the previews last year was Harry Skelton tipping Mohaayed. Can't remember which one it was or exactly what was said, but was my reason for taking a chance on the horse.
              Exactly the same, what a Friday that was!!

Comment

Was there someone on here that used to stick up reports from preview evenings or have I dreamt that

Comment

I put up any I find FTM and then I produce a booklet of them all together as well which I can email out.

I will be attending Haydock and Chester by looks of it where I will take my own notes.

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                    Was there someone on here that used to stick up reports from preview evenings or have I dreamt that
                    I transcribed the ones that I watched, as they were going on.

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                      Plenty do it, not one individual - but it's a key feature of the forum

The more the merrier, and a huge thanks in advance to everyone that does!

Comment

I'm going to the one in Belfast this year. Never been to one before, but they are good craic. Not sure i will be jotting down every selection though, or tweeting them haha.

Comment

There's a Cheltenham preview at Naas after racing today. Anyone know if it's being streamed?

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagleHasLanded View Post
                            Exactly the same, what a Friday that was!!
                            Same here, its amazing what you pick up on, in these previews, i remember Skeltons comments and i had a daft tenner ew at 33s, totally forgot about the bet and I would have cashed out due to the going. It took me a good hour after the race until I realised I had actually won!!!

Comment

Can't find anything on Twitter for last night ?.....

Comment

Originally posted by punterorplonker View Post
                                Can't find anything on Twitter for last night ?.....
                                Finding it harder to get the live tweeters this year - there is a good one in Dublin tonight from Cafe en Seine - if anyone spots a feed etc let us know

Comment

Working...
                                X