Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I make a point of watching previous previews back to remind myself who talks utter nonsense (most) and vice versa. It doesn't really influence any opinions I have but its interesting nonetheless. At the top of the nonsense pile has to be Sean Boyce. Absolutely terrible. Same can be said for Tom Segal, he's not far behind. That older funny lad who now tips for Coral (he is useless).

Comment

I love Sean Boyce, his tips are useless but he’s very entertaining and witty.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
        I love Sean Boyce, his tips are useless but he’s very entertaining and witty.
        Oh aye. I didn't say he wasn't funny or not entertaining, just his tips are terrible. Bit like David Jennings.

Comment

Does anyone know when the live At The Races Festival Preview is scheduled for?? Last year you could stream it live on Facebook, I’ve not seen it advertised yet.

Comment

It’s ok I’ve just come across it on Facebook, it’s very on Tuesday 5th at 8pm on Facebook

Comment

Out of interest Charlie who’s tips did well?

Comment

Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                Out of interest Charlie who’s tips did well?
                There really aren't many. Paul Kealy stand out, he tipped very well last year and did ok the year before. Jamie Codd mentions quite a few winners without outright tipping them.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                  There really aren't many. Paul Kealy stand out, he tipped very well last year and did ok the year before. Jamie Codd mentions quite a few winners without outright tipping them.
                  As with all previews it's 99% basic form opinion which you can form yourself just as easily. But you do get the odd nugget that is worth it's weight in gold. Aux Ptits Soins was one from Nick Schofield for the Coral Cup, he had ridden it in work at home but it had never raced in the UK.

Labaik was Jamie Codd's 50/1 tip on ATR. He was informative all show.

Comment

Personally I see the previews as an addition to the build up to The Festival, I take very little out of them, but I bloody enjoy listening to them when I can

Comment

Originally posted by Gem1304 View Post
                      Personally I see the previews as an addition to the build up to The Festival, I take very little out of them, but I bloody enjoy listening to them when I can
                      Spot on.
                      Preview evenings were a source of information 15 or so years ago, and there were probably only half a dozen either side of the Irish Sea, but we live in a world where everyone knows you’ve taken a dump before you’ve wiped your arse and there’s very little to be learned from them now, in fact, I get more interested in what isn’t said to what is said...

Comment

Best tip I remember from the previews last year was Harry Skelton tipping Mohaayed. Can't remember which one it was or exactly what was said, but was my reason for taking a chance on the horse.

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          I make a point of watching previous previews back to remind myself who talks utter nonsense (most) and vice versa. It doesn't really influence any opinions I have but its interesting nonetheless. At the top of the nonsense pile has to be Sean Boyce. Absolutely terrible. Same can be said for Tom Segal, he's not far behind. That older funny lad who now tips for Coral (he is useless).
                          Couch, is com, and useless.

That Pont Alexandre bit still has me creasing now, thinking about his kids rummaging around and finding betting slips in the shed

Comment

Kealy is the only one I really rate of the tipsters, but that might be biased because he likes a drink and he's a degen, too.

Comment

Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                              Kealy is the only one I really rate of the tipsters, but that might be biased because he likes a drink and he's a degen, too.
                              Abso-bloody-exactly.

Comment

IMPERIAL RACING - NEWCASTLE CHELTENHAM PREVIEW EVENING

Compared by Gordon Brown (Racing TV)

Panel: Paul Carberry (Jockey) ~ Fergal O'Brien (Trainer) ~ Mat Nicholls (Assistant to Kim Bailey) - James Griffin (Trainer) ~ Ian Andrew Robinson (Imperial Racing) ~ Trevor Harris (Star Sports)

Join us for a review of each of the main races and handicap fancies for each of the four days by our panel. Phone interviews with Gordon Elliot, Harry Fry, Paddy Brennan and Sam Twiston-Davies. Receive free match bets and special offers on all of the main races from our sponsors Star Sports The Gentleman's Bookmaker.

E.mail: ian@imperial-horseracing.com
                                Mobile: 07831 636210
                                Last edited by Imperial Racing; 20 February 2019, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X