Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Festival Preview Nights 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Welcome to the forum Samuel.

In relation to the Coral Cup I hope the 'forgotten' horse is Diamond Cauchois.
    Many thanks for your report on Gordon Elliott intended runners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      Now looks like

Hardline - Arkle Plan A
      Gun Digger - 4 miler ?
      Mortal JLT
      MK - JLT ( but also has plate and Grand Annual options)
      CC - RSA or 4 Miler ( Owner/Trainer debate)
      DW - RSA
      Minds Eye - Grand Annual?

leaving Monotomic or Roaring Bull in Close
      Where does the conclusion that Mortal goes JLT come from? He is their best option for the National Hunt Chase. Not quick enough over shorter trips and dam was a stayer. On that basis going up in trip would seem obvious to anyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        Where does the conclusion that Mortal goes JLT come from? He is their best option for the National Hunt Chase. Not quick enough over shorter trips and dam was a stayer. On that basis going up in trip would seem obvious to anyone.
        Did you see his run against Delta Work? Their best runner for the 4 miler is Champagne Classic without a doubt.

Comment

Post488

JLT:
          Eddie: Says that Mengli Khan runs here as does Mortal but he likes Defi Du Seuil. Also says that if Articulum turns up here on soft ground, it has a huge each way chance.

Rachael: Rides Mortal here. she says he neds a quiet ride and has a great each way shout at a big price but likes Defi Du Seuil

Noel: Likes Defi Du Seuil

Joseph: Says that Mortal runs here with an each way shout but he likes Defi Du Seuil as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by barizan View Post
            Did you see his run against Delta Work? Their best runner for the 4 miler is Champagne Classic without a doubt.
            Mortal travelled into the race well but I think Delta Work wasn't at his best and even without the mistake would have run away from him. Sometimes a horse can travel and then not find because they are essentially a stayer. In this case the pedigree backs that up. Whichever race he goes for he needs to find improvement and the easiest way to do that would be to step up in trip. He would be around 12/1 for a National Hunt Chase but any price for a JLT. Absolutely no logical reason for running in the JLT. Think O'Brien has grasped that idea but Gigginstown haven't.

Champagne Classic ran very well first time but for me took a step back last time. I would definitely take Mortal over him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
              Post488

JLT:
              Eddie: Says that Mengli Khan runs here as does Mortal but he likes Defi Du Seuil. Also says that if Articulum turns up here on soft ground, it has a huge each way chance.

Rachael: Rides Mortal here. she says he neds a quiet ride and has a great each way shout at a big price but likes Defi Du Seuil

Noel: Likes Defi Du Seuil

Joseph: Says that Mortal runs here with an each way shout but he likes Defi Du Seuil as well.
              Thanks.

Well done Gigginstown. It looks to me as if they just wanted to give Blackmore a ride even though the horse has no chance.

Comment

Thanks.

Well done Gigginstown. It looks to me as if they just wanted to give Blackmore a ride even though the horse has no chance.
                I'll take some more 80/1 if you're offering...

Comment

• Previews Tonight

BoyleSports 7.00 Facebook or for those not on it like myself RTE2fm

Attheraces 8.00 Facebook or website

The At The Races one has been pretty juvenile the past but hard to believe it can be worse than last night's one.

Comment

• NATIONAL HUNT CHASE:

Eddie: Likes Gun Digger each way saying that Lisa O'Neill rides

So no ride for Jamie Codd in the 4 miler???

Can't see it.... ??

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      NATIONAL HUNT CHASE:

Eddie: Likes Gun Digger each way saying that Lisa O'Neill rides

So no ride for Jamie Codd in the 4 miler???

Can't see it.... ??
                      I think he said he would love to ride Mortal.

Comment

Previews Tonight

BoyleSports 7.00 Facebook or for those not on it like myself RTE2fm

Attheraces 8.00 Facebook or website

The At The Races one has been pretty juvenile the past but hard to believe it can be worse than last night's one.
                        Timeform have one 7pm.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                          Timeform have one 7pm.
                          As far as I can see only on Facebook so hopefully someone can add anything useful on here?

Comment

Thanks.

She seemed a decent guest as her comments were open & positive when deserved. I've backed Star Max for example - nice to read her views and those of JO'B too.

Comment

• These preview nights seem to be contradicting themselves more than ever, especially with regards to the Gigginstown horses.

Comment

As far as I can see only on Facebook so hopefully someone can add anything useful on here?
                                I’m at the Timeform one - I’ll post notes after

Comment

Working...
                                X