Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Which Are Your Current No Bet Races?

It is good to have an interest but sometimes you just have to admit to hitting your head against a brick wall.

I have four at the moment:-

Close Brothers - been toying with Good Man Pat and Quamino but not completely sure of a run and they are only 20/1 with WH

Champion Chase & Cross Country - Altior should win but of no interest at that price; Tiger Roll again too short and possible ground concern?

Grand Annual - each year I think this is the hardest race of the Festival so happy enough to wave a white flag

Bumper - Crap race, couldn't care less who wins it, hardly any horses come out and win at the following seasons festival, just a dislike for the race.

5lb Claimer
    Do we think Min at 5/1 is the best ew bet to nothing of the week? We know he’s the second best 2 mile chaser in training and will be 3/1 on the day. Yes altior is pretty bomb proof but I think 5/1 is a fair price to find out.

This close I don't have any.... but the Grand Annual was last and only backed something in the last week... it can be tough I agree.

The County Hurdle too - after-timing .... but when you back the winner 5 minutes before the off, after spending as much time as I do ante-post certainly raises question marks as to which races need the most time

Top Amateur
    Arkle, mares & ryanair, lost my fancy in the arkle, not a lover of the mares races, AJ going into season put me off this year and ryanair and mullins bingo put me off having a bet in the race.. other than that I love every race including the crap ones if you can call any cheltenham race crap?

Quote Originally Posted by Philg123 View Post
    Do we think Min at 5/1 is the best ew bet to nothing of the week? We know he’s the second best 2 mile chaser in training and will be 3/1 on the day. Yes altior is pretty bomb proof but I think 5/1 is a fair price to find out.
    Wrong thread? but yes.... or Topofthegame in the RSA at 7/2

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Philg123 View Post
    Do we think Min at 5/1 is the best ew bet to nothing of the week? We know hes the second best 2 mile chaser in training and will be 3/1 on the day. Yes altior is pretty bomb proof but I think 5/1 is a fair price to find out.
    If he doesn't fall then I can not see him out of the first two, maybe without market is the better bet... but you never know it could be third time lucky!!

5lb Claimer
    I'd love to say that I will sit out several but as I'm up there all week I can guarantee I'll have an interest in all 28 races like the idiot I am.

5lb Claimer
    I was just responding to Kinloch Brae’s comment regarding it being a no bet race.

The supreme.
    But how hard is that to do.
    Got about 5/6 running for me in that.