Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paul Kealy puts up Coo Star Sivola at the end of the Racing Postcast at 25/1 for the Ultima.

He should subscribe here...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Paul Kealy puts up Coo Star Sivola at the end of the Racing Postcast at 25/1 for the Ultima.

He should subscribe here...
      Yep, same Kealy who thinks there's no value in NRNB markets ???

Comment

Any thoughts on the run of UTPT today?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          Any thoughts on the run of UTPT today?
          He looked a bit flat, once I saw him racing wide in the early stages I knew he wouldn't be winning that race. Hopefully he will drop a few pounds and then be nicely weighted for this. I still have some hope.

Comment

UTPT was a very obvious non trier today....

Comment

Said this earlier UTPT is fully focused on the National, I wouldn’t back him in the Ultima, theybwont risk him taking so much out of himself again

Comment

Originally posted by The Don View Post
                UTPT was a very obvious non trier today....
                I was kinda saying the same thing but not in an obvious manner haha.

Comment

Can argue a bit of substance for Kings potential other runner now "Chosen Path" with Mister Malarky winning today , we've touched on his owner is the sponsor so whilst not certain to run would be a surprise if not . Slightly under the radar as no mentions in Kings weekley column in the Weekender but can't envisage he will shorten much whilst ever Talkischeap is deemed stable #1

Comment

Well I came here to say that Skybet have pushed Jerrysback to 20/1 nrnb for this which I’m on the verge of taking. But then noticed 365 have gone 40s! Not nrnb obviously but that’s a big price. This is the only race that I’d see as an option now, certainly the only race I’d fancy him in anyway. I think he’s crying out for further, Barry was niggling all the way round today and he’s been done by a mare who is clearly thriving. Two 145 rivals finished on top of each other 9L behind. My one worry is the abysmal run on his sole Cheltenham visit but that was his first start in ages and debut over fences.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                      Well I came here to say that Skybet have pushed Jerrysback to 20/1 nrnb for this which I’m on the verge of taking. But then noticed 365 have gone 40s! Not nrnb obviously but that’s a big price. This is the only race that I’d see as an option now, certainly the only race I’d fancy him in anyway. I think he’s crying out for further, Barry was niggling all the way round today and he’s been done by a mare who is clearly thriving. Two 145 rivals finished on top of each other 9L behind. My one worry is the abysmal run on his sole Cheltenham visit but that was his first start in ages and debut over fences.
                      VF,
                      I'd be worried about him getting home over 3.1m

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                        VF,
                        He looks a real big staying type to me doc, I really reckon he wants a trip. I think I remember Jono making a case for him in the 4miler thread early in the season. It would probably help his jumping too which is often a bit steady and deliberate.

Comment

VF,
                          Why?

I can't see where you'd have formed that opinion from doctor?

He's looked like a more staying type in all his runs hasn't he?
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 19 January 2019, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Why?

Kept coming back on the bridle for me. Definite stayer, lacks pace.

Comment

Why?

Simple really Kev.
                              All Ultima winners have recorded their best RPR over 3miles. He's not been beyond 2.5m.

Comment

Simple really Kev.
                                All Ultima winners have recorded their best RPR over 3miles. He's not been beyond 2.5m.
                                I see.

I don't think they'll be running him over 3m to get a handicap mark higher before the Ultima, so if he does end up there, that'll be a trend he'd have to overcome.

There is a lot of sense to that particular trend.

Comment

Working...
                                X