Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
    Firstly, well done VF for starting the thread. Someone had to. Good write up too.

For me, Dingo Dollar at 14s NRNB is more than fair. I see him going off here at 6/1 to 8/1. Easy prep, decent weight and he will even be the favourite potentially.
    The worry with him is he could blow his mark in the SkyBet. King seems to like that race so I imagine he's an intended runner. Thought he might have a more low key prep with an eye on Ultima followed by Scottish National.

Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Another nice race for Talkischeap and his form is stacking up
    Yep, pleased with that today. Giving 10lb and 1L beating to a 132 rated rival should hopefully see the handicapper leave him alone. Straight to the festival I hope.

Top Amateur
    Talkischeap 12/1 in places now.

Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Another nice race for Talkischeap and his form is stacking up
    His mark should remain unchanged as hes beaten a horse he should have done based on ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking Flagship View Post
    The worry with him is he could blow his mark in the SkyBet. King seems to like that race so I imagine he's an intended runner. Thought he might have a more low key prep with an eye on Ultima followed by Scottish National.
    Good point that tbf.

I didn’t realise he was going there. Would’ve wanted a small field affair where he is just tuned up for the Ultima.

I’ve just skimmed through the Handicaps thread to pull out the names that others have mentioned for this so they’re all in one place. Sorry if I’ve missed any…

Barney Dwan – This horse was mentioned before the Rooney’s stance was announced. Would have looked a decent shout being a horse who is on a chase mark 5lb lower than hurdles rating and 2lb lower than when finishing 2nd to Percy in the Pertemps.
    Mr Big Shot – Ran promisingly in the MP race before winning the 3m handicap at Aintree. No impact behind Santini in the John Francome but would be more interesting back in handicaps. Connections have done well in this race with UTPT but 147 isn’t exactly lenient and he still needs 2 more runs over fences.
    Gold Present – Pulled up in the race last year and down 3lbs but mark still looks high – disappointing at Ascot before Christmas and probably unlucky not be dropped a couple of lbs for that effort. Seems to enjoy flat tracks and more likely to be targeting Aintree.
    Theatre Territory – Perennial bridesmaid. She’d only get another 3lb from Talkischeap in a handicap for today’s defeat and I think Talkischeap had her covered for more than the margin suggested. This assumes they remain on the same rating – she could even be raised for getting so close to a 145 horse! Another that likely has Aintree as the main target.
    Le Breuil – yet to prove he stays 3m but has put together a series of consistent performances in decent races this season (inc at Cheltenham). Entered up at the weekend in the same race as White Moon and it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on over the distance. A solid run in defeat could drop him onto my radar for this although I’m not convinced there’s masses of improvement to come.

So of those above only Le Breuil would potentially interest me if he can show he appreciates the trip. For the time being though I'm happy to stick with my original shortlist.
    Last edited by Viking Flagship; 01-09-2019 at 03:51 PM.

Good work VF.

Last ten winners.

2009 Wichita Lineman 8 10-09 Tony McCoy Jonjo O'Neill
    2010 Chief Dan George 10 10-10 Paddy Aspell James Moffatt
    2011 Bensalem 8 11-02 Robert Thornton Alan King
    2012 Alfie Sherrin 9 10-00 Richie McLernon Jonjo O'Neill
    2013 Golden Chieftain 8 10-05 Brendan Powell Jnr Colin Tizzard
    2014 Holywell 7 11-06 Richie McLernon Jonjo O'Neill
    2015 The Druids Nephew 8 11-03 Barry Geraghty Neil Mulholland
    2016 Un Temps Pour Tout 7 11-07 Tom Scudamore David Pipe
    2017 Un Temps Pour Tout 8 11–12 Tom Scudamore David Pipe
    2018 Coo Star Sivola 6 10-10 Lizzie Kelly Nick Williams

Top Amateur
    Any thought's on Rolling Dylan , V.F ?, seen it's in the betting @40-1 with coral.

Top Amateur
    I just looked up Rolling dylans profile , On 142 , which is what C.S.S won on last year, Last two runs
    were at chelt. over the ultima distance , 3rd and second in those , so I'll have a nibble on R,D.

Quote Originally Posted by BigChaang View Post
    Any thought's on Rolling Dylan , V.F ?, seen it's in the betting @40-1 with coral.
    Was very disappointing behind Beware The Bear last time and I just don't think he's all that progressive. Was no great shakes as a hurdler and then was campaigned pretty low key last season as a novice chaser, most impressive performance coming in a 3 runner field at Chepstow and then couldn't follow up in 4 runner Hereford affair behind a rival that's done very little since. It looks like they stepped away from Novice Handicaps last year as they probably didn't think he was that well handicapped - and that was when he was on 139. Now up to 142 and I think he's got his work cut out now having to take on classier opposition. If he goes to Cheltenham I'd say the Kim Muir is more likely.