Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only last week in the Weekender Lizzy had a feature and basically said he's had a mid season break and could go to the fez but they desperately want to get a win again this season so may lower his sights somewhat. Make of that what you will ( yes i'm on too )

Comment

• As mentioned in the general thread the news from the Rooneys today makes Barney Dwan a very interesting one in this. A mark of 140 is 6lb lower than his hurdles mark and 3lb lower than his 2nd to PP in the Pertemps. Yes, he hasn't yet proved he's as good over fences but he's a 2nd season chaser with scope for improvement still. A couple of decent performances this season before almost being knocked out the race completely last time which probably took him off his stride as he then clattered 3 out. Did well to finish 3rd in the end. I'm a little concerned about his jumping fluency but at 25/1 NRNB I think there's a lot to like.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        I am pretty confident Nick Williams has been targeting this race, and I have him in my mind as a very good target trainer.

I can't imagine Lizzie Kelly would get any positives from talking the horse up... hopefully it's all part of a cunning plan.

I can't see how he's not on everybodies shortlist at only 4 lbs higher.
        Was basically going to say exactly what you have said

Comment

• The Storyteller (Gordon Elliott IRE) ULTIMA, CORAL, PLATE, PIPE

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
            The Storyteller (Gordon Elliott IRE) ULTIMA, CORAL, PLATE, PIPE
            he said Ryanair only 2 days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tigerroll View Post
              My idea of a repeat winner - P Kealy likes it as well
              Kealy is all over Give Me A Copper. Coo De S was last year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ball Mark View Post
                he said Ryanair only 2 days ago.
                He'll go for the race he can win if his hurdle mark is acceptable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                  As mentioned in the general thread the news from the Rooneys today makes Barney Dwan a very interesting one in this. A mark of 140 is 6lb lower than his hurdles mark and 3lb lower than his 2nd to PP in the Pertemps. Yes, he hasn't yet proved he's as good over fences but he's a 2nd season chaser with scope for improvement still. A couple of decent performances this season before almost being knocked out the race completely last time which probably took him off his stride as he then clattered 3 out. Did well to finish 3rd in the end. I'm a little concerned about his jumping fluency but at 25/1 NRNB I think there's a lot to like.
                  This ticks a lot of boxes.
                  My head likes it a lot.
                  And for a redemption bet after the near miss in the pertemps (had it at 50's)
                  you may have found the winner sir viking.

Comment

• I would like Belami Des Pictons for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                      Kealy is all over Give Me A Copper. Coo De S was last year
                      Kealy put CSS up about a month ago when he was 33/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                        As mentioned in the general thread the news from the Rooneys today makes Barney Dwan a very interesting one in this. A mark of 140 is 6lb lower than his hurdles mark and 3lb lower than his 2nd to PP in the Pertemps. Yes, he hasn't yet proved he's as good over fences but he's a 2nd season chaser with scope for improvement still. A couple of decent performances this season before almost being knocked out the race completely last time which probably took him off his stride as he then clattered 3 out. Did well to finish 3rd in the end. I'm a little concerned about his jumping fluency but at 25/1 NRNB I think there's a lot to like.
                        He's been my horse for this since the end of last season but I thought the Rooney's had ruined the plan. A great shout VF

Comment

• Added Barney Dwan 25/1.

Cheers VF. A bit like many I would imagine, the Rooney horses were not on the radar, but back on they go, including this one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            He's been my horse for this since the end of last season but I thought the Rooney's had ruined the plan. A great shout VF
                            Certainly has.

His highest RPR is over 3m as well so even the trends can't stop you!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Certainly has.

His highest RPR is over 3m as well so even the trends can't stop you!
                              With festival form of 2,4 as well, he obviously has a liking for Cheltenham. They could go Kim Muir as an alternative but if they can get Noel in the saddle they'd surely come here

Comment

• ...Catamaran du Seuil 33-1 nrnb for me at this stage. Likes it soft, unfashionable trainer but can get one ready.

Comment

Working...
                                X