Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Yeah, I seen both have, thought that was old news though, Kealy banged the drum about him last week didn't he?

I'm happy to leave him alone myself.
    It was enough for the Bookies to fill their pants it would seem

The stats are not great as you mentioned but they are there to be broken. Also, because this horse had his novice season interuppted after he won, this would not be the normal route for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
      31 jan

King added: “Yanworth is back in the yard and is cantering. I don’t know where he will go yet as I need to sit down and talk to Frank Berry (racing manager to owner JP McManus).
      “He has an entry in the Stayers’ Hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival and he might go for that, but he will have other entries as well.”
      Entries over Fences and Hurdles this weekend.

Comment

• I had a good look at Give Me A Copper a few weeks back and didn't think see what all the fuss was about.

Best price 8/1 now

Nicholls talking him up as a graded beast but I don't see where he's come to that from.

He's so bullish about every horse that if the bookies HAVE moved the market on his positives, that'd be a false price.

Paul Kealy is a good judge though, better than me anyway

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I had a good look at Give Me A Copper a few weeks back and didn't think see what all the fuss was about.

Best price 8/1 now

Nicholls talking him up as a graded beast but I don't see where he's come to that from.

He's so bullish about every horse that if the bookies HAVE moved the market on his positives, that'd be a false price.

Couldnt agree more with that Kev. Every time I look at the horse I think I must be missing something. Easily discarded for me.

Comment

He's got the Gold Cup spot on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Couldnt agree more with that Kev. Every time I look at the horse I think I must be missing something. Easily discarded for me.

Nicholls always upbeat about
              his team, nothing wrong with that but I don’t get it either.
              Last edited by Humble Pie; 11 February 2019, 06:13 PM.

Comment

• Joke.... PN has no idea but moved a market big time. The ones that wins he doesn’t mention! Surely everyone knows that by now.....

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                  He's got the Gold Cup spot on.
                  He's not sat on 40/1 like me though

Comment

I had a good look at Give Me A Copper a few weeks back and didn't think see what all the fuss was about.

Best price 8/1 now

To be fair, Give Me Copper was seen as an RSA horse before injury. He is totally unexposed but still a crazy price for a hot handicap at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                      Joke.... PN has no idea but moved a market big time. The ones that wins he doesn’t mention! Surely everyone knows that by now.....
                      Spot on The Don.

Comment

• This is where I'll start:
                        Best RPR over 3 miles, not older than 8, Novice, or 2nd season novice, previous festival form.

That puts Give me copper out.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          This is where I'll start:
                          Best RPR over 3 miles, not older than 8, Novice, or 2nd season novice, previous festival form.

That puts Give me copper out.
                          Do you have a ranking as to which of them stats you prefer most to least or has no significance?

Comment

• COD,
                            The 1st one is a MUST as every Ultima winner has had its best RPR over 3 miles.

Give me Copper only fits 2 out of those 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                              COD,
                              The 1st one is a MUST as every Ultima winner has had its best RPR over 3 miles.

Give me Copper only fits 2 out of those 4.
                              Give Me A Copper isn't one I was keen on anyway tbh.

Horses that have never gone over 3m prior I assume are a big no? Or do you allow for them being unexposed, especially if they have festival form?

Comment

• COD,
                                Being unexposed?? Every Ultima winner had been over 3m.
                                That could change this year, but until it does I'll stick with it. Its saved me from a lot of losing bets.
                                Last edited by doctorwu; 12 February 2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X