Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Betfair hurdle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past postponements were on grounds of weather and although I can't specifically remember each of them the snow of 2009 was immense (over a foot) and stuck around for a while so re-scheduling probably never an option.
    I think they'll try to get this card run or if it's not possible for Newbury to host/run the entire I wouldn't be surprised if they took the big 3/4 races and transferred to next weeks Sandown (Friday) Ascot (Saturday) cards.
    Plenty more light these days, could run 8 race cards comfortably....

Comment

The bookies will want the Betfair Hurdle but the Denman Chase should have a higher priority even if I wouldn't mind Native River and Clan Des Obeaux being mucked about.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
        The bookies will want the Betfair Hurdle but the Denman Chase should have a higher priority even if I wouldn't mind Native River and Clan Des Obeaux being mucked about.
        Not sure connections would take up the Denman Chase a week later.... too close to the GC to be having a 3m1f slog around Chelt?

Comment

I imagine it wouldn't be an easy call. Depends if they're hung up on stats.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            I imagine it wouldn't be an easy call. Depends if they're hung up on stats.
            You joke but it probably would

Trainers can get horses fit doing interval training and race course gallops...

I'd fear for the quality of the Denman Chase... I suppose they'll still have around a month so perhaps I'm over thinking it

Comment

Working...
            X