Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Betfair hurdle

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    I am shocked that Jessica Harrington’s JETEZ is 33/1 for this. It’s got very progressice Irish Novice form, with 7lb claimer riding the last three times, and bolted up last time out.
    136 Irish rating looks very attractive, if the UK handicapper agrees. Even if it’s a 140 UK rating, with the 7lb claim off he would be lower down in the weights, and I think he could be a cracking bet at these odds.
    Entered in the Moscow Flyer this weekend so that handicap mark might get blown out of the water. That would be my worry with him.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamptonfox View Post
    I am shocked that Jessica Harrington’s JETEZ is 33/1 for this. It’s got very progressice Irish Novice form, with 7lb claimer riding the last three times, and bolted up last time out.
    136 Irish rating looks very attractive, if the UK handicapper agrees. Even if it’s a 140 UK rating, with the 7lb claim off he would be lower down in the weights, and I think he could be a cracking bet at these odds.
    Think it may be running in Moscow flyer this weekend. Which don't rule it out, but just in case you'd not factored

    why did I not see that FM ? and turned myself into an echo

  3. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Think it may be running in Moscow flyer this weekend. Which don't rule it out, but just in case you'd not factored

    why did I not see that FM ? and turned myself into an echo
    entered in Moscow flyer http://status.hri-ras.ie/rider-info....=009&YEAR=2019

  4. #14
    Wonder if they’ll reschedule this or just scrap it this year

  5. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Wonder if they’ll reschedule this or just scrap it this year
    hasnt been rescheduled before

  6. #16
    Past postponements were on grounds of weather and although I can't specifically remember each of them the snow of 2009 was immense (over a foot) and stuck around for a while so re-scheduling probably never an option.
    I think they'll try to get this card run or if it's not possible for Newbury to host/run the entire I wouldn't be surprised if they took the big 3/4 races and transferred to next weeks Sandown (Friday) Ascot (Saturday) cards.
    Plenty more light these days, could run 8 race cards comfortably....

  7. #17
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,386
    The bookies will want the Betfair Hurdle but the Denman Chase should have a higher priority even if I wouldn't mind Native River and Clan Des Obeaux being mucked about.

  8. #18
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,924
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    The bookies will want the Betfair Hurdle but the Denman Chase should have a higher priority even if I wouldn't mind Native River and Clan Des Obeaux being mucked about.
    Not sure connections would take up the Denman Chase a week later.... too close to the GC to be having a 3m1f slog around Chelt?

  9. #19
    Top Amateur
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1,386
    I imagine it wouldn't be an easy call. Depends if they're hung up on stats.

  10. #20
    Champ Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    10,924
    Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I imagine it wouldn't be an easy call. Depends if they're hung up on stats.
    You joke but it probably would

    Trainers can get horses fit doing interval training and race course gallops...

    I'd fear for the quality of the Denman Chase... I suppose they'll still have around a month so perhaps I'm over thinking it

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •