Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Laurina is alive and well. so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Or who's got 2 balls ?
    Out of a gang of 6 of me and some friends of mine, I found out last year, on a night out when the subject came up ?? that 3 of them have only one testicle (and one kidney).
    Christ Q! Not sure I'll be coming on a night out with you! Were they all male??!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Mark asked for my opinion and I gave my honest one.
      I diddnt just randomly post that.

I don't think she's a no hoper at all. But I don't think she's a leading contender imo. And i genuinely don't get why she's rated as a superstar. It honestly confuses me.
      Yeah - that's the beauty of it. One thing for sure - I really wouldn't be laying her at 4/1. Could be the lay of all time but too rich for my blood. Any other outfit, I might consider it - but not this lot.

Comment

Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
        Christ Q! Not sure I'll be coming on a night out with you! Were they all male??!!
        Yep all male, and you'd be safe I'm sure. I didn't steal them !

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I don't think she's a no hoper at all. But I don't think she's a leading contender imo. And i genuinely don't get why she's rated as a superstar. It honestly confuses me.
          Agree with that - as short as it is because it Willie’s and all last years leading novices have bombed so what else is there. I’d forgive a horse a blip and expect Buveur to win again.

Comment

IMO you have to believe Laurina to be better than Annie Power already at this stage of her career to give her a chance in the CH, and 4/1 is not a price I'd want to guess at for that?

As a huge Laurina fan, I put her in the bracket 'to be as good as Annie Power eventually' I just don't think this is the year and Scooby has rightly said that not one bit of her form entitles her to be as short as she is, all that is is connection talk/power that have forced that price. I had her @ 12's & 8's for the Mares' Novice last season IIRC, possibly bigger, but I never went in on her after them prices went, and I sure as hell won't be taking the plunge now I don't have some of the 14's that were around for her originally, it's a criminal price.

Don't know if it was this thread or another but it was asked whether anyone would back Laurina @ 9/2 or lay her, and I did say I'd back each way this was based purely on FOMO, and nothing else, because of how good I think she can be eventually, slightly contradictory to what I have said above but it was a gun to the head decision, somethink I don't have to make in reality.

Comment

The point that's being missed, is that we ALL had the chance to back her at 14s - we KNEW she'd be shorter than she deserves to be.

If you read posts on Annamix, and posts on Laurina, you get two different opinions, on what I consider, pretty similar situations.

No one thinks Laurina is good value now based on form, but there is more than just form to consider when making a bet.

When you're talking strictly on whether she has shown the form to win the Champion Hurdle, it's 100% no, no arguement ... but that isn't how racing works. The horse that's shown the best form prior to any race does not always win the race.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The point that's being missed, is that we ALL had the chance to back her at 14s - we KNEW she'd be shorter than she deserves to be.

If you read posts on Annamix, and posts on Laurina, you get two different opinions, on what I consider, pretty similar situations.

No one thinks Laurina is good value now based on form, but there is more than just form to consider when making a bet.

When you're talking strictly on whether she has shown the form to win the Champion Hurdle, it's 100% no, no arguement ... but that isn't how racing works. The horse that's shown the best form prior to any race does not always win the race.
                The reason I diddnt back her at 14s is there wasn't any cashout at the time. I thought the intention was CH, however poss foolishly I thought she'd be campaigned far more aggressively. Be beaten in 1 of the races sharjah won. And them gone for the mares.
                And therefore be a NR
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

If anyone said to you now ‘I’ll give you a grand if you pick the winner, now, of the champion hurdle’ most will say Buveur Dair.

So if your starting point is like me you think Buvuers the most likely winner, then the only way your using your own money to back anything else is you think there’s value in doing so. Now everyone’s idea of value is likely to be different but for me I only see Laurina placing at best, so I’d want 10s which I’m not going to get- so I either back Buveur or don’t bet in that race.

Not saying Laurina can’t win but not that likely IMO.

Comment

Working...
                  X