Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Laurina is alive and well. so...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laurina is alive and well. so...

...who wants to lay her at best price 9/2?

She divides opinion. Some say she is the next wonder mare with untold potential. Ruby apparently would choose her over Melon and Sharjah. Willie seems to be happy for her to go straight to the Champion Hurdle. The stable are not beginners when it comes to rating a Mare.

Others say she's beaten absolutely nothing. She needs soft ground. Her actual form is worth nothing at all. You 'shouldn't listen to Willie straight after a race'.

So leaving aside those 14/1 tickets or the fact that you don't hold a tasty antepost docket - what would YOU do? Back her to win? Eachway? Without the fav? Or lay, lay, lay the living daylights out of her?

I would back here, I was there today and given both Mullins and ruby travelled across for this one race, says enough for me

Comment

If they run here its a fair sign they reckon she's up to it- they've clearly got past CH horses to base her on, however, in saying that i would probably still side with Melon regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
        If they run here its a fair sign they reckon she's up to it- they've clearly got past CH horses to base her on, however, in saying that i would probably still side with Melon regardless.
        I'd be with Melon over her for this season too. Gun to my head I'd have to back e/way but that's because of FOMO more than anything else.

Comment

I'm on at bigger.
          But 9/2 is way too short for the evidence we have, even though connections give the impression they like her a lot.
          I wouldn't be as quick to dismiss her as others though, as to me that's just bravado.

Comment

Lay all day long.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Lay all day long.
              assume you'll be doing that on a daily basis Scoobs

Comment

I'd do nothing.

She's not value so I would not back her now

and

I wouldn't lay her at 2/9 because it's I wouldn't back anything at 2/9 ever. **apart from Frankel.

Comment

Too short on what she's achieved and she doesn't look like a Champion hurdler to my eye. Easy lay.

Comment

Am I right, that everyone saying LAY, has actually done it?

2/9 is a rubbish bet for Laurina not to win the Champion Hurdle. It's just not worth betting on right now.

The answer has to be DO NOTHING?!

Comment

I thought it was a hypothetical question - lay or back. Lay is a no brainer.

Comment

Fair enough.

I agree

Comment

Aftertime alert!!!! I backed her today at 1/10 in running lol (it paid for tonights curry). She hasnt shown that she is CH standard yet but shes also done little wrong. Her hurdling technique doesnt look the best however and that must be a worry. The division is weak and if Ruby chose her as expected, and it came up soft shes going to go close with a clear round.

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
                            I thought it was a hypothetical question - lay or back. Lay is a no brainer.
                            It's a yes or no question. But without real consequence's so probably a waste of time.
                            Hypothetical questions are questions based upon assumed facts or outcomes before they've occured.

Comment

Ground has to be a worry. She's big, doesn't look like she wants a 2m hurdle on good ground. Think she'd be found out in those conditions and 9/2 is too short.

Comment

Working...
                              X