Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Simple Poll - Apples Jade (Mares) Back or lay at 6/4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple Poll - Apples Jade (Mares) Back or lay at 6/4?

This is a straightforward poll not designed for people who have backed AJ at 5/1 or whatever to make their case and be understandably bullish about their position.
    After last year, I could not have her. She has been visually impressive so far and we are led to believe that she has recovered her brilliance that was only temporarily lost due to her being in season at various stages. To my eye, she still jumps right and I just don't believe that - another year older - she will be any better at Cheltenham this year than she was last. When I expressed this opinion last year I was chased through the village by men in hoods but I remain a doubter and feel sure that Willie will have one too good on the day just like last year.

Having put her up as my lay of the festival in another thread - LAY!

Comment

Seeing as Laurina wins the Mares, Lay!

Comment

Who is to say that Benie hasn't improved? Lay.

Comment

I'd back her before I laid her absolutely no doubt.

The two market rivals haven't seen the track yet, and she's put up a career best and added a second grade 1 this season.
          They have a valid excuse for last year, she's the best Mare in training and backing her to lose at odds on would be incredibly brave, even if Laurina and BDD run.

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
            Having put her up as my lay of the festival in another thread - LAY!
            NB - I don't ever lay, but for sake of argument....

Comment

I'll be against her on the day if Mullins has anything sufficient to beat her.
              BDD could easily improve and may not even need to run before turning up.
              But Apples Jade is very very good, not certain I fully buy the in season thing though.

Comment

I'd back. If I was forced to do one or the other.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Back. She’ll beat Benie this time round and even if Laurina turns up, she’ll be her too.

I don’t have a bet in this race so my opinion is probably worth squat.

Comment

If forced id be backing. Got to hope whatever Gordon has done will ensure she is right for the festival and back end of the season.

Comment

Back , hoping this year was a Blip !.

Comment

Back. BUT...

Connections are hopeful the 'In Season' issues last Spring will not be an issue this time however they have no way of knowing yet. Only time will tell so doubt remains there. You'd hope the media would press on this issue leading up to Cheltenham to give us a better idea but I imagine even then it may be unclear. Prior to Punchestown connections were bullish about her gaining revenge on BdD and O'Leary stated "Apple's Jade just didn't run her race at Cheltenham and I don't know why". That despite rumours of her being in season coming out just a day or two after the Cheltenham race. Either they were holding that back (I don't recall either the trainer or owners actually coming out and confirming this until the start of this season) or they weren't 100% sure. Pretty sure we'll still have that question mark on the morning of the race so it adds a level of uncertainty that you usually don't have to consider.

Which means I wouldn't be as confident and steaming into her, as was the case last season but that's my only doubt around her. If she lines up in top form then Willie could throw both Laurina and Benie against her and I don't think it'll matter.
                        I also don't quite buy into the fact that Cheltenham may not suit her best even if she does jump out to her right at times.

Comment

Lay until we see her again in Spring time.

She looked very good up until this time last year + then she dropped a level or two. I'd want to see her run at Leop..

Though granted, we might not get 6/4 about my answer, unless BDD looks good +/or Laurina turns up.

Just seen your post @jono- agreed.

Comment

If forced it would be lay purely driven by the in season issue around spring time last year but she has been impressive again this year

Comment

Still convinced Laurina lands here, will go off a short price and win well, so AJ a lay for me...

Comment

Working...
                              X