Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Christmas Racing 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not ignoring it I'm looking for reasoning behind it. Correlation does not imply causation. The theory prior to the race was Haydock is bottomless at that time of year. That's why he drifted from antepost fav to 13/2 SP.

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
      I'm not ignoring it I'm looking for reasoning behind it. Correlation does not imply causation. The theory prior to the race was Haydock is bottomless at that time of year. That's why he drifted from antepost fav to 13/2 SP.
      I never meant you specifically ignoring it, I meant the wider audience, including myself as it happens, so my error for using the word 'you' instead of 'us' and 'we' in that reply.

Wasn't aware of that theory or the reasoning behind the drift tbh.

I actually didn't back him, yet I had him note booked with the comments 'back @ Haydock'

I did not and do not have him down as ground dependent myself which is why I found it strange you questioning that side of it, but now I understand, however my reasoning stands that it is the course and not the ground that matters with him, though as I also suggested, maybe the time of year could also be a factor.
      Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 19 December 2018, 01:38 PM.

Comment

I'd say he's just inconsistent, except at haydock

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          I'd say he's just inconsistent, except at haydock

too many variables to be having a bet in this race ...

Comment

Waiting Patiently (12/1) and Politilogue (8/1) are the two I've backed.

WP is plenty short enough given he's had no prep race but I do think he has the talent to go right to the top. Hopefully it'll be the King George / Betfair Bowl double

Politilogue's form right handed reads 1111111. The ground and course will suit. His form from Ascot reads well after Charbel's win in the Peterborough Chase. He's my best bet in this and the one to beat imo.

Comment

I've missed all the decent prices myself but have gone Might Bite / Politologue against the field.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Politilogue's form right handed reads 1111111. The ground and course will suit. His form from Ascot reads well after Charbel's win in the Peterborough Chase. He's my best bet in this and the one to beat imo.
                That is an impressive number of 1s

11/2 just seems a bit short when he hasn't proven his stamina though...

I've gone right off Might Bite. Too much of a stiff task to get him to bounce back and you can crab his win last year.... I don't think I'[ll fancy Might Bite again unless they let him MAKE ALL - and I won't know that before the race has started so he's a no bet option in my mind now. He was so destructive in the Kauto Star and RSA that season, I feel they're over compensating for his 'madness' by not letting him stride on.

Comment

Desperate to have a bet in this as it's the King George, but I've no firm opinion.
                  Native River is likely to lead them and might be my bet at the prices, 7-1 for a gold cup winner who also ran ok at haydock.
                  Johnson almost certain to take the rail and try and go from front. If they let him do that then he'd have a right chance but I think Might Bite and Twiston's horse may want to lead also.

Comment

Is Shattered Love coming over?

Left in the declarations but is big as 25/1!

If she runs that is huge odds

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

No Idea H.F , when's final dec's ??

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post

Shattered Love is declared for the King George!

Have doubled up Angels Breath & Vinndication at Ascot tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                          Ah well, never mind - there’s always another day!

Comment

No Sean, they've left her in this and the Savills. Declarations are, I think, on Monday but today was just the 5 day forfeit stage.

A fifth consecutive Grade 1 Savills Chase at Leopardstown a week on Friday would provide a fitting end to another year of big-race success for... Read More
                            Last edited by archie; 20 December 2018, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              No Sean, they've left her in this and the Savills. Declarations are, I think, on Monday but today was just the 5 day forfeit stage.

https://www.racingpost.com/news/late...s-chase/358319
                              My bad, apologies

Comment

In the Lydia Hislop article today , she say's she spoke to G.E and shattered love to go savill chs ?? .

Comment

Working...
                                X