Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Christmas Racing 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Racing 2018

cant see it myself but Donn sweet on https://donnmcclean.com/2018/11/24/politologue-2/

Politologue
    Politologue was very good in winning the Grade 2 Christy 1965 Chase over 2m 5f. He always travelled well just behind the leaders, Gold Present and Hammersly Lake, he jumped well, and he moved up on the outside to join Gold Present in front as they raced up the side of the track. Sam Twiston-Davies waited in front, he didn’t want to go on too early, and they got in a bit tight to both the second last and the last fences, which gave Charbel a chance. But it never really looked like Paul Nicholls’ horse was going to get beaten and, while he only got home by a half a length in the end, he left the impression that he had a fair bit more in hand than that.

The form of the race is strong. He was giving 6lb to Charbel, who was giving Altior a race in the 2017 Arkle when he came down at the second last, and who was race fit. Kim Bailey’s horse beat Baron Alco at Chepstow in October, giving him 12lb, and Baron Alco won the BetVictor Gold Cup next time. Politologue and Charbel were clear on Saturday, and the winning time was good.

Paul Nicholls’ horse deserves to take his chance in the King George now. We don’t know if he will stay three miles, but we know that he stays two miles and five furlongs well at Ascot, and the King George is only another three furlongs further, at an easier track. John Hales’ horse record over two and a half miles or more away from Cheltenham, where he has never really been seen to best effect, reads 2112111. He wore a hood and a tongue-tie on his final run last season at Aintree, when he beat Min in the Melling Chase, and he wore the same combination on Saturday. Those two runs have probably been the two best runs of his life. He is only seven, and he could step up again in the King George.

Ascot, 24th November 2018

This looks a lot better after Charbels run at the weekend

Comment

Waiting Patiently 5/1 for the King George has to be the worst value in the market.

Comment

KG doesn't interest me from a betting pov but Bristol should be a few points shorter than 8/1.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
          Waiting Patiently 5/1 for the King George has to be the worst value in the market.
          It is when you can get 6/1

Brian Hughes expressed his satisfaction after partnering 32Red King George VI Chase contender Waiting Patiently in a post-racing workout at Hexham on Wednesday.

Am I right in thinknig you don't like this horse because he didn't run in the Ryanair?

From memory, they've always said the King George would be his race?

I wouldn't lay him at 1/6 - will you be?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            It is when you can get 6/1

Brian Hughes expressed his satisfaction after partnering 32Red King George VI Chase contender Waiting Patiently in a post-racing workout at Hexham on Wednesday.

Am I right in thinknig you don't like this horse because he didn't run in the Ryanair?

From memory, they've always said the King George would be his race?

I wouldn't lay him at 1/6 - will you be?

Its not the horse I have a problem with, its 2nd rate flakey trainers who don't have the balls to put the horse in THE FESTIVAL of the year.
            Its always been the way with certain trainers that are looking for excuses for not running the horse. It was a so-called ground issue as the 1st excuse, when the the ground turned in the horses favour its was then the track(sigh). No doubt she was looking for something a bit easier for the horse. She had a great opportunity to see if the horse was good enough in the Ryanair and she bottled it. The season ended in disappointment. schadenfreude.
            The consistent point I always make is that if the horse was Irish trained the whole town would have followed the horse over the Irish Sea for Cheltenham. They would have taken their chance, and for that I admire them.
            Cheltenham is everything, no one really cares about Aintree other than the Grand National.

Regardless of my view of the trainer I don't think the horse would have been good enough to win at the festival anyway.

I will be laying WP on the exchanges for the KG. Thats my Christmas sack sorted.
            Last edited by doctorwu; 13 December 2018, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Leopardstown lovers and loathers

The Leopardstown Christmas festival kicks off on December 26 and the four-day meeting features eight Grade 1s. Here are leading contenders who have... Read More

Comment

Interesting Info there Mayo . Certainly Keen to see P.Percy improve from his previous start. !!.

Comment

So what’s our thoughts on the KG - I’ll be there sporting my Christmas thistlecracker jumper !

I see TS gave him a nod for Wednesday, can’t see it happening but equally I’m not overly convinced by anyone in the market at the moment.

Mite Bite - concerns after performances so far
                  WP - will be some ask considering the 312 absence
                  Prolitologue - personally I don’t believe he is up to this standard but ascot performance was ok
                  Bristol - at the moment my money could be edging here, impressed with previous performance, conditions track did suit thou
                  Native River - I think they will just be building towards GC
                  TC - 6 chase runs at 10 years old, not sure he can cope with some of the run guns but looked as strong as any before the turn of the previous race

Comment

Pickling my head this race wasn’t overly impressed with Mite bite last year in this race know he was idling out in front but still!
                    Delta work / apples jade double over Christmas
                    Last edited by Arkle; 19 December 2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Bristol would be my pick but not a race I will bet in. You say conditions suited at Haydock but the consensus prior to the race was he needs deep ground. Bristol needs to get into a rhythm with his jumping and he likes an uncontested lead, he gallops them into submission when he does.

I backed him 80/1 for the 2017 Gold Cup. He was bang there before making a mistake. He lead in this race last year but made another mistake and lost ground. He doesn't recover from mistakes well. He would be a win only bet.

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
                        Bristol would be my pick but not a race I will bet in. You say conditions suited at Haydock but the consensus prior to the race was he needs deep ground. Bristol needs to get into a rhythm with his jumping and he likes an uncontested lead, he gallops them into submission when he does.

I backed him 80/1 for the 2017 Gold Cup. He was bang there before making a mistake. He lead in this race last year but made another mistake and lost ground. He doesn't recover from mistakes well. He would be a win only bet.
                        I wouldn't say BDM is ground dependent, but I do say he is course dependent for these deeper races.

Comment

The form book is there for all to see but what is the reason for it?

Comment

Originally posted by boopa View Post
                            The form book is there for all to see but what is the reason for it?
                            No idea, though it's no coincidence now IMO. It smacks you in the face and if you choose to ignore it then so be it.

Every season they've said he's a different horse now blah blah blah, same thing happens.

Maybe he is an early season horse, in fact, he's never finished a season with the same zest as he started one, his latest (in month terms) win is February, so the King George may not be a bad shout, but the niggle of him not being at Haydock is enough for me to avoid.

Comment

Keep getting drawn to waiting patiently I know it’s beat fuck all but mite have the pace coming to the last few fences always ridden as if it has plenty left in the tank

Comment

Working...
                              X