Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Handicap Shortlists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Even "owned by JP McManus" would be more substance than just a horses name Show your workings doc.... the forum is all about opinions and discussion, so please share

FWIW, Discorama I completely agree with - Rory Delargy made excellent points on him on the Matchbook NH preview podcast... I'm not sure whether he'll prove to be a graded performer as a chaser though, as you say, tomorrow will tell us more.
    Kev,
    When I know the exact targets of my potential handicap bets I'll give the thread a more-informed post

Comment

Kev,
      As far as Discorama is concerned, I hope he's not a graded performer(?) if you get my drift......

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Kev,
        As far as Discorama is concerned, I hope he's not a graded performer(?) if you get my drift......
        Bet you didn't show your workings at school either doc

Comment

Wonder Laish won well enough there , 95 on the flat so has the cruising speed interesting horse. Wonder if he could pop up in a county hurdle potentially? Thou he will be in the 140s now and that historically not a positive in it

Comment

3 horses with 3 or more years of very solid festival handicap form that are of interest at an early stage:

Coo Star Sivola (Age 6) – Ultima
            2018: 1st Ultima
            2017: 4th Martin Pipe
            2016: 3rd Fred Winter

Bouvreuil (Age 7) - Grand Annual
            2018: BD Grand Annual
            2017: 3rd Brown Advisory (Road To Respect 1st, Baron Alco 2nd)
            2016: 2nd Close Brothers
            2015: 2nd Fred Winter

Mall Dini (Age 8) – Kim Muir
            2018: 2nd Kim Muir
            2017: 5th Kim Muir
            2016: 1st Pertemps

As soon as the markets open i'l be doing EW singles, doubles and trebles on the above.

Comment

Charlie , i see Bouvreuil is now with Ben Haslam . Would certainly be a top effort if he gets him to win at the festival after his near misses.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                Elwood - I suspect either Pertemps, Coral Cup or Martin Pipe (if he qualifies)

Put up in the 'ante post bets' thread, and have backed 'any race' accordingly. Yet another for Gigginstown, looks as though he will go down the same sort of route as Delta Work I'd imagine, being a half brother of that one and coming from exactly the same connections as Delta Work did.

Fell first time out on debut for the yard but travelled with some promise, although was beat at the time, and should be noted he was put right in at the deep end in a listed hurdle. Not many first time out horses go for a listed hurdle unless they are one of 2 things, either an extremely talented horse, or looking to work on a handicap mark by getting him beat, I suspect the latter myself.

Currently he has an entry at Clonmel next week, but that's a pretty deep race (again) for only his second start, currently entered in the same race are horses like Total Recall, Scarpeta & Good Thyne Tara.

I'm not sure which race he will end up in, and the safe option is the 'any race' market but certainly one I am keen on.
                Elwood entered up in a Grade 3 @ Cork on Sunday. My own suspicions are that 3m is currently too far for him, but then they started Delta Work out at the wrong trip too, and look how he ended up. It's all about getting him a mark at this stage for me. He'll struggle to get near Robin De Carlow if that one runs to form again too.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                  Charlie , i see Bouvreuil is now with Ben Haslam . Would certainly be a top effort if he gets him to win at the festival after his near misses.
                  Won well today

Comment

The Storyteller
                    Just wins the Coral Cup doesn't he.Gordon has already mentioned his mark over hurdles
                    13 lbs lower (at least) - handicapper won't be able to do anything about it at Cheltenham.
                    5L behind Min/Shattered Love/Balko Des Flos today...

Just so obvious.

Comment

The Storyteller
                      Just wins the Coral Cup doesn't he.Gordon has already mentioned his mark over hurdles
                      13 lbs lower (at least) - handicapper won't be able to do anything about it at Cheltenham.

Just so obvious.
                      Was watching him throughout the race. Great run and totally agree.

Comment

The Storyteller

Just so obvious.
                        That's a great shout. What price is he for Any Race?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          That's a great shout. What price is he for Any Race?
                          16/1 (WH) 17.52/1 if you can get the boost.

Comment

When the Coral market opens what price do you reckon he will be Kev?

Comment

The Storyteller

Just so obvious.
                              He’ll be 5/1 on the day for any handicap hurdle he turns up in at Cheltenham.

Comment

Thanks Kev.

Comment

Working...
                                X