Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mares Hurdle 2019

Happy memories of this race tomorrow! Be good to see Apples Jade back to her best and win impressively.

Not least because connections of Laurina might not see this as the easy option!

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
    Happy memories of this race tomorrow! Be good to see Apples Jade back to her best and win impressively.

Not least because connections of Laurina might not see this as the easy option!
    I bet you remember the 2008/09 season very fondly CCM. It must have been some thrill to own a horse of that calibre.

A big day for AJ today. On her best form she will win this but I'm surprised she is so short in the market given her last two performances. Perhaps she'll drift to a backable price today.

Comment

Still can't really believe it happened FM! As small owners, we were incredibly lucky to be involved with a couple of good ones.

Yes funny race today... keen to take AJ on tbh, but cant find anything I like enough so just a watching brief. Be great to see her back near her best.

Comment

That's more like it from AJ.

RIP identity thief

Comment

I'd be very concerned that Apples Jade is still jumping to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

RIP identity thief
            Awful to see

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Awful to see
              Sickening. Thoughts with connections.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

RIP identity thief
                Oh no

Comment

AJ was electric from 2 hurdles out i thought. I also agree Archie about the veering/jumping right thing. Hope it's just a habit she's developed and not something underlying. She's still the one to beat for me in the Mares.

Comment

Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                    AJ was electric from 2 hurdles out i thought. I also agree Archie about the veering/jumping right thing. Hope it's just a habit she's developed and not something underlying. She's still the one to beat for me in the Mares.
                    I thought that until BDD confirmed the Cheltenham run at Punchestown... could you argue AJ isn't at her best at Cheltenham either?

Maybe that's a bit strong, she was my absolute banker of the week last season so she's in my bad books still

Comment

Elliot has said they had problems with her being in season all the time and it was difficult to control last year. If they can avoid that (no idea how lol) then i think she'll bounce back.

BDD was beating a below par Apple's Jade for me, on both occasions.

Its possible to suggest she's not been at her best at Cheltenham, but i'd be happy to back her to win this year again.

Comment

Elliot has said they had problems with her being in season all the time and it was difficult to control last year. If they can avoid that (no idea how lol) then i think she'll bounce back.

Its possible to suggest she's not been at her best at Cheltenham, but i'd be happy to back her to win this year again.
                        A quick google tells me mares go into season in the spring and come out of it as the autumn approaches may mean back AJ right up until the festival.

Comment

mmmmmm yeah that's probably a fair assessment.

I fancied her at 3/1 strongly last year so 4/1 can't be overlooked.

It is still quite a way out but would anyone consider dutching the pair (Apple's Jade 4/1 and Benie Des Dieux 5/1) - AJ would work out 6/4 and BDD 2/1 running for you... probably not as I suppose the majority may feel Laurina would be a factor in the race.

Coming round to the idea now

Comment

It would be a nice position to take Kev, if as you say we could work out what bloomin Laurina is up to.

The only point of caution for me with AJ is her form upto Xmas last year was fantastic and then for whatever reason dropped off going into spring is that due to as Folski says, the season issue? We won't know if Elliot has it fixed till it's probably too late lol

Comment

It would be a nice position to take Kev, if as you say we could work out what bloomin Laurina is up to.

The only point of caution for me with AJ is her form upto Xmas last year was fantastic and then for whatever reason dropped off going into spring is that due to as Folski says, the season issue? We won't know if Elliot has it fixed till it's probably too late lol
                              What will Laurina's NRNB price be?

Too many ifs and buts for now I suppose, and yes it's a pretty hard thing to predict, he certainly didn't mention it PRE-Cheltenham!

Comment

Working...
                              X