Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    7,153

    Breeders Cup 2018

    I tend not to get carried away with the Breeders Cup in terms of betting... one of the few meetings/events I bet on whilst waching, just because I am watching...

    5 races tomorrow (don't get the undercard thing really!) and thought the 5 places and the 4 places on offer were good enough to have a pretty dirty looking each way double on the below:

    E/W Double(s) @ 18.5/1

    Soldier's Call
    Win, 19.21 Churchill Downs: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Sprint - First Race Special - Paying 5 Places
    Line Of Duty
    Win, 21.22 Churchill Downs: Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf - Paying 4 Places



    I have pretty much no knowledge of US racing, so all of my information is coming from Podcasts and the "vibes" seem to be that Newspaperofrecord 13/8 (What a rubbish name) is unbeatable for Chad Brown who has said she is better than his 4 previous winners of the race.
    Also Friday night Bob Baffert has Game Winner 13/8 who he is really hyping up as a potential Triple Crown prospect for next season!

    5.89/1 for the double, I'll have a go at that tomorrow and that'll have given me a bit of watching interest in all but one of the races (the exception being the 20:40 - where I'll likely have 0.25 pts e/w on something!)

  2. #2
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    7,153
    Might have a Trixie actually Catalina Cruiser on the Saturday in the dirt mile.... she seems to be this years "good thing".


    Or maybe Delta Work from earlier in the day.... I'll sleep on it

  3. #3
    My only bet is Magic Wand in the filly and mares turf but the recent downpours will have hampered her chance. On quick ground she looked a certainty to me.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    My only bet is Magic Wand in the filly and mares turf but the recent downpours will have hampered her chance. On quick ground she looked a certainty to me.
    Yeah you'll probably know your fate after the first race!

  5. #5
    I haven't really had a look at tonight's racing. Time for a quick study with a few beers

  6. #6
    Off topic.....

    You're a golf fan Kev - you been following Steve Palmer's latest exploits? He is flying at the moment and going well again this week.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,125
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Off topic.....

    You're a golf fan Kev - you been following Steve Palmer's latest exploits? He is flying at the moment and going well again this week.
    I follow Steve Palmer a lot, had some good wins this year with Webb Simpson in the Players and Tiger in the Tour Championship. I don't usually bet on the golf between the end of the Fedex and the turn of the year, sounds like I'll be regretting that

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanh97 View Post
    I follow Steve Palmer a lot, had some good wins this year with Webb Simpson in the Players and Tiger in the Tour Championship. I don't usually bet on the golf between the end of the Fedex and the turn of the year, sounds like I'll be regretting that
    He has won 89k in the last two weeks and is well positioned to add to that this week. The racing posts golf podcast is outstanding, and he is a very funny bloke to go with it.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Nantwich, Cheshire
    Posts
    7,153
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Off topic.....

    You're a golf fan Kev - you been following Steve Palmer's latest exploits? He is flying at the moment and going well again this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    He has won 89k in the last two weeks and is well positioned to add to that this week. The racing posts golf podcast is outstanding, and he is a very funny bloke to go with it.
    For the majority of the year I am, after the Fed Ex Cup / Ryder Cup I back off though and wait until the new year...

    I haven't been backing his tips since Tiger Woods did the business but I agree he's top value - seems to have a lot of natural charisma... lacking from plenty of other sporting pundits.

  10. #10
    My bets tonight are

    4.38-Chanteline..each way @ 20-1 [Paddy Power] 4 Places
    5.16-Firenze Fire..each way @ 8-1 [Bet Victor]
    6.46-Limousine Liberal..each way @ 10-1 [Bet 365] 1/4

    Sticking with the local horses

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •