Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbrokes Trophy 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    Looks to me like quite a few of the top weights might pull out at the confirmation stage on Tuesday.

Incidentally, I think that the RP have got the card wrong in the way that they've applied penalties. As I understand it, penalties aren't applied until declaration time and only then when the weights have been raised to make top weight 11-12. If the top rated declaration is Un Temps Pour Tout, original weights will go up 7lb. Kemboy's actual OR is 157 not 161 as shown in the RP (by including the 4lb penalty) so his weight will go up to 11-11 before the penalty is applied. No horse will carry more than 11-12 so he will, in effect, only get a 1lb penalty.
    That's my understanding too Archie. Best of luck

Comment

Cheers FM. Makes you wonder how he might have fared in the Irish National off 145 if Cooper had given him a proper sight of the first fence.

Comment

Cheers FM. Makes you wonder how he might have fared in the Irish National off 145 if Cooper had given him a proper sight of the first fence.
        You'd have to think he would have won head in chest!

Are you making the trip to watch him?

Comment

ironically, I'm flying over the other way for Fairyhouse.

Comment

MS PARFOIS for me. I see alot if you are already on her at bigger price, so makes me feel even more confident she will do the job!

Comment

On Ms P 20s surprised Rathvinden still available at the same price. Was tempted by 25s but didn't know if it was an intended runner.
              Last edited by boopa; 26 November 2018, 12:29 PM.

Comment

5 day confirmations:

Comment

Thanks archie.
                  Assuming your lad takes his chance would you have any idea on pilot bookings at this stage ?

Comment

Townend must be odds on Istabraq!

Comment

The rain is coming for American and Ms Parfois!

Comment

Invitation Only left in aswell, not expecting him to run but if he did I’d be on him like a rash

Comment

Only 17 runners at 5 day stage ?, and 5 mullins, 2 elliott, be surprised if 4 of them run.
                          Happy with Parfois 4 places at 22s, should be favourite.

Comment

ignore that ATR got it wrong I think (only 17 on their racecard) ??

Comment

23 left in.

Comment

From thestatsdontlie.com

Trends
                                Age – 11 of the last 12 winners were aged between 6 & 8
                                Price – 4 of the last 12 favourites have won, 7/12 winners were in the top 3 in the betting
                                Last Run – 6 of the last 12 winners won on their last run before the Ladbrokes Trophy , 7/12 winners ran within the last 55 days
                                Previous Course Form – 9/12 winners had at least 1 previous run at Newbury, 8/12 winners had at least 1 previous win at Newbury
                                Previous Distance Form – 11/12 winners had at least 3 previous runs over 24 furlongs or further, 9/12 had at least 1 previous wins over 24 furlongs or further
                                Previous Chase Form – 11/12 winners had at least 4 previous chase runs, 12/12 winners had at least 2 previous chase wins
                                Rating – 9/12 winners were rated 150 or higher
                                Graded Wins – 9/12 winners had at least 1 previous win in a grade 1-3 race
                                Season Form – 7/12 winners had at least 1 run that season, 3/12 winners had at least 1 win that season

Comment

Working...
                                X