Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Bet Victor Gold Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bet Victor Gold Cup

Full Glass is the one I like at first glance. Anyone got a strong opinion?

ACTIVIAL (FR)
    ADRIEN DU PONT (FR)
    ASO (FR)
    BALLYANDY
    BALLYBOLLEY (IRE)
    BARON ALCO (FR)
    BEGGAR'S WISHES (IRE)
    BENATAR (IRE)
    BLACK SCORPION (IRE)
    BORN SURVIVOR (IRE)
    BOUVREUIL (FR)
    CASABLANCA MIX (FR)
    CEPAGE (FR)
    CLOUDY DREAM (IRE)
    COBRA DE MAI (FR)
    COPAIN DE CLASSE (FR)
    CRIEVEHILL (IRE)
    DOLOS (FR)
    EAMON AN CNOIC (IRE)
    FRODON (FR)
    FULL GLASS (FR)
    GARDE LA VICTOIRE (FR)
    GEORDIE DES CHAMPS (IRE)
    GUITAR PETE (IRE)
    HAPPY DIVA (IRE)
    HENRYVILLE
    JANIKA (FR)
    JAVERT (IRE)
    KALONDRA (IRE)
    KING'S SOCKS (FR)
    LE PREZIEN (FR)
    MAGIC SAINT (FR)
    MISTER WHITAKER (IRE)
    MODUS
    MOVEWITHTHETIMES (IRE)
    RAMSES DE TEILLEE (FR)
    RATHER BE (IRE)
    RENE'S GIRL (IRE)
    ROMAIN DE SENAM (FR)
    SHANAHAN'S TURN (IRE)
    SHANTOU VILLAGE (IRE)
    SISTER SIBYL (IRE)
    SIZING GRANITE (IRE)
    SPLASH OF GINGE
    THEINVAL (FR)
    THISTLECRACK
    TOP GAMBLE (IRE)
    WEST APPROACH
    WHOSHOTWHO (IRE)
    WILLIE BOY (IRE)
    ZAMDY MAN

Not a strong opinion FM , but gonna do Benatar today a/p @ 20-1.Have to say , I don't seem to do very well in this race,

Comment

Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
      Not a strong opinion FM , but gonna do Benatar today a/p @ 20-1.Have to say , I don't seem to do very well in this race,
      Benatar has the right profile BC. Mister Whitaker and Rather Be also on the shortlist after last season's 1-2 on the novice handicap at the festival.

Comment

Bit of a rubbish opinion from me, but the race seems like it is targeted by certain trainers, O'Neill (2), Twiston-Davies (3) & Nicholls (2) have won 7 of the last 10 renewals. Nicholls is currently mob handed with 10 entries currently so I will see which of his he leaves in.

I will also keep an eye on the other 2 trainers as well as David Pipe, whose old man used to love this race, before deciding where to part with my money.

Comment

I have a strong view that Rather Be is a proper horse, whether that makes him the winner of this or not is another matter but he was a sound jumper as a novice and goes on any ground, trip looks ideal and he looks sure to be in the shake up if he runs...

Comment

Thistlecrack...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Thistlecrack...
              He's definitely the eye catching entry but surely doesn't run in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                I have a strong view that Rather Be is a proper horse, whether that makes him the winner of this or not is another matter but he was a sound jumper as a novice and goes on any ground, trip looks ideal and he looks sure to be in the shake up if he runs...
                I like rather be, but it maybe influenced with his near miss at the festival. He got 6lb for that, and starts on 149 i assume.
                Liked Gold present this time last year as a well handicapped horse but he started off on 142. reminds me of him.
                there may be some improvement still with rather be I reckon.

Comment

You could be right there quevega but he wouldn't have been at his best on that ground and was a 143 rated hurdler so he has class and I am expecting some improvement on that 149 chase rating.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    He's definitely the eye catching entry but surely doesn't run in this.
                    Well they was planning on running him at the weekend if ground was softer so he must be ready to run... won’t entirely rule it out but I can’t see it happening

Comment

I have gone for Baron Alco. Was impressed by his return run. Prior to this was 2nd to Road To Respect at Chelt in 2017 will have matured since then and i suspect has been primed for this.

Comment

Am I crazy for considering Aso for this...?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe View Post
                          I have gone for Baron Alco. Was impressed by his return run. Prior to this was 2nd to Road To Respect at Chelt in 2017 will have matured since then and i suspect has been primed for this.
                          Caught my eye as well Joe, didn't see the run but his form is 2122/2 the four 2s are behind Charbel, Road To Respect, Top Notch & Whisper, 2 of which are over C&D. Will be interesting to see which one Jamie Moore is on, between him and Benetar

Comment

Ballyandy anyone ? Twister does well at this meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
                              Ballyandy anyone ? Twister does well at this meeting.
                              Very well handicapped if he can put a decent round of jumping together.

Comment

Working...
                              X