Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Someone else will know the exact details but off the top of my head he fractured his skull or something of the like in a freak accident.
    Damn. The other day Flanagan said he was in fine form.

Comment

After suffering another setback last spring, Meade admits only time will tell whether the grey will realise his huge potential.

Meade added: "He got injured right towards the end of the season in his stable. I don't know how he managed it, but he actually fractured his skull and crushed his wither.

"He's back cantering away now and it's a case of so far, so good.

"He's a couple of weeks behind the rest of them and we won't really know how it's affected him until he starts doing stronger work."
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

As highlighted in HdB stable tour - Monalee entered up at Down Royal this Saturday over 2m3.

Entries below. Could be a very good race!

Blue Empyrean
        Cyrname
        Dolos
        Monalee
        Peregrine Run
        Shattered Love
        Snow Falcon
        The Storyteller
        Tombstone

Comment

Bad news: DOUVAN is lame and now undergoing tests at the veterinary hospital. Willie Mullins keeping fingers crossed it's not serious .

According to Twitter ********
          Last edited by Scooby91; 31 October 2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Bad news: DOUVAN is lame and now undergoing tests at the veterinary hospital. Willie Mullins keeping fingers crossed it's not serious .

According to Twitter ********
            Only one person has tweeted this Scooby so I'd be slightly cautious of taking this as true.

*Although the source does appear to have spent the morning at the yard

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
              Only one person has tweeted this Scooby so I'd be slightly cautious of taking this as true.

*Although the source does appear to have spent the morning at the yard
              Im not going to act on it. And dosent say he's out all together. But seems pretty legit to me.

And id just avoid backing him at this stage if anyone was going to until official confirmation.

Comment

Im not going to act on it. And dosent say he's out all together. But seems pretty legit to me.
                Yeah it does. Also says Faugheen goes over hurdles and Yorkhill starts over fences.

Comment

At a stable tour, seems legit enough sadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Yeah it does. Also says Faugheen goes over hurdles and Yorkhill starts over fences.
                    Maybe THIS is the year for Yorkhill in the Ryanair! I'm right all along

I'm really shocked he's back over fences but I suppose he must have schooled well?

Comment

Mullins said: "He was lame the other morning when I pulled him out.

"I just sent him straight up to his usual vet. He informed me this morning that he is lame on his good leg. He has had trouble on his near fore previous, but he said he is actually sore on the other leg.

"There is nothing obvious that he can see on it, but it might be a little stress fracture or a ligament tear. Feeling it with his hand, he can’t find out — so he is just going through all the usual tests.

"Obviously any time a good horse is lame it is a concern, but we will know more in a day or two when we have all the tests done. I hope it is something that will only keep him out for a few days."

Douvan is a six-time Grade One winner over fences, with all those victories coming over no further than two miles and a furlong.

However, Mullins had been considering a switch up in distance — and that may still happen once Douvan has recovered.

The trainer added: "He is a bit like Footpad in that he can do that two-mile stuff, but I was probably going to extend him out this year.

"He was working away, and (owner) Rich (Ricci) was over last week and was delighted with how he looked. We were delighted with what he was doing - and he looked fantastic, better than last year.

"We hope this is only a mild hiccup, rather than a problem."

Hopefully, nothing too serious.

Suggests the Ryanair could well be the aim this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                        Mullins said: "He was lame the other morning when I pulled him out.

"I just sent him straight up to his usual vet. He informed me this morning that he is lame on his good leg. He has had trouble on his near fore previous, but he said he is actually sore on the other leg.

"There is nothing obvious that he can see on it, but it might be a little stress fracture or a ligament tear. Feeling it with his hand, he can’t find out — so he is just going through all the usual tests.

"Obviously any time a good horse is lame it is a concern, but we will know more in a day or two when we have all the tests done. I hope it is something that will only keep him out for a few days."

Douvan is a six-time Grade One winner over fences, with all those victories coming over no further than two miles and a furlong.

However, Mullins had been considering a switch up in distance — and that may still happen once Douvan has recovered.

The trainer added: "He is a bit like Footpad in that he can do that two-mile stuff, but I was probably going to extend him out this year.

"He was working away, and (owner) Rich (Ricci) was over last week and was delighted with how he looked. We were delighted with what he was doing - and he looked fantastic, better than last year.

"We hope this is only a mild hiccup, rather than a problem."

Hopefully, nothing too serious.

Suggests the Ryanair could well be the aim this year?
                        Depending how fit he gets and how long the injury takes to recovery... I wondered if he is an outside shot at the king george

Comment

He was ruled out for the season last year and made it to Cheltenham and Punchestown so fingers crossed they have similar luck this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            14/1 Min
                            I am getting dangerously tempted to break a few rules and back a Mullins horse for a specific race... when I know that I won't KNOW the target until the week before!

Anyone who trawls through the forum will know I am not and never have been in the camp that thinks Min is 'top' class. I'm usually fairly diplomatic but I'm sure I've rubbished him at some stage - but in fairness, the Min'lovers have died down and therefore I can stop being so anti-Min and take a fresh view . Not being in the same league as Altior is not a stick you can beat a horse with. We haven't seen any horse in Altior's league since the Supreme they clashed in 2016!

A stick you can beat Min with though, is that he couldn't beat Politilogue.

I could try myself in nots trying to second guess where Douvan and Min will run, both could step up in trip, both could stay at 2 miles... there really is no way to know.

I've already backed Douvan for this race with "free bets" - my thinking being Douvan would definitely be shorter than 10/1! I think Douvan would beat Min in any race they ever contested

COuld easily say the same thing about Min at 14/1 - absolutely no chance he'd go off double figures, not even half the price.

The good thing is I've managed to talk myself out of parting with any cash.... however I imagine I'll have some "free bets" on him over the coming weeks if 14/1 stands strong.
                            Re-visiting this for two reasons that I missed or are now relevant...

1. PP are a standout 25/1 for Min in the CC (with their history of being standout prices and getting targets right that is notable?)

2. Douvan is injured - mentioned in the original post.

I know a few people have said the Ryanair could be a really strong renewal, but personally I don't see that being the case - most top class horses take their chance in the CC or GC and we may have one standout by the time the race comes around... but is Min that far behind Monalee (who granted I would love for the race) or horses like Shattered Love? Min went off shorter than Balko Des Flos at Aintree, so you couldn't say BDF was standout against him either?

The only "top class" standouts in the Ryanair would be Douvan / Footpad / Altior / Might Bite. Possibly Waiting Paitently?
                            I don't think we have any chance of Altior, Footpad or Might Bite running in it, so we are left with the fantastic (but clearly beatable) Un De Sceaux...

I'm sure other horses will emerge, but Min could well improve if learning to settle and although its clear from stable chatter that he isn't "top class", I don't think he'll need to be to go off a single figure price in this race...

*** I Still haven't backed Min, but I am getting very close to again!
                            Someone talk me off the edge of this cliff please

Comment

Forgot to post this one last night but Monalee has been cut by the 2 bookmakers we usually take note of for this race. 9/1 with Betfair, 10/1 with PP, 365 still go 14/1.

He is also the most traded horse on the exchanges, although, as per normal with the Ryanair it is a very mixed market currently.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Forgot to post this one last night but Monalee has been cut by the 2 bookmakers we usually take note of for this race. 9/1 with Betfair, 10/1 with PP, 365 still go 14/1.

He is also the most traded horse on the exchanges, although, as per normal with the Ryanair it is a very mixed market currently.
                                FYI Hills still 12/1 to win any race

Comment

Working...
                                X