Page 2 of 129 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryanair 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Adam93 View Post
    As with others, i'd love to see Monalee end up here but with the connections hinting towards the Gold Cup it will be one I will be leaving him alone.

The one I always come back to running here and the only one I have anything on currently is Willoughby Court. Due out early November before a shot at the Ladbrokes Trophy off a decent mark, I can't see the 25s hanging around for much longer if he puts in anything like. After missing out on the festival last year being fave for a long time, I feel they will want to get him in the winners circle and this looks his ideal trip.
    Like this horse.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    I think that you guys are looking at this the wrong way. Monalee was beaten by better horses (on the day) rather than outstayed and I'm fairly confident that you won't find a quote from HdB that says he was outstayed. By applying that logic, you would have to say that he outstayed the likes of Elegant Escape, Augusta Kate and Death Duty except that he didn't. He was just better on the day.
    I specifically said I like him for the Ryanair because he stays further and the opening post says he does stay but the extreme gold cup text may not suit him as much.

"Outstayed" is relative, and I haven't said that, for me he does stay but because of his run style I think his optimum will be a race like the Ryanair.

No harm in aiming him at the Gold Cup but I think he'll end up here

Quote Originally Posted by Adam93 View Post
    As with others, i'd love to see Monalee end up here but with the connections hinting towards the Gold Cup it will be one I will be leaving him alone.

The one I always come back to running here and the only one I have anything on currently is Willoughby Court. Due out early November before a shot at the Ladbrokes Trophy off a decent mark, I can't see the 25s hanging around for much longer if he puts in anything like. After missing out on the festival last year being fave for a long time, I feel they will want to get him in the winners circle and this looks his ideal trip.
    He is 20s any race (which I've taken) bit I've also had some free bet stake on at 25s. I really like him because I loved Neon Wolf so I feel like he must be under rated for chinning him

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    He is 20s any race (which I've taken) bit I've also had some free bet stake on at 25s. I really like him because I loved Neon Wolf so I feel like he must be under rated for chinning him
    Who is that 20's with Kev?

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Who is that 20's with Kev?
    I'll have to check when I'm home but I have coral in my head.

Top Amateur
    Cheers pal

Cant see him quoted anywhere but will this be Ballyoisins trip ?

Top Amateur
    Quote Originally Posted by mayo View Post
    Cant see him quoted anywhere but will this be Ballyoisins trip ?
    I was having a look at Ballyoisins profile today Mayo . won his last 3 outings . could be going places .

Quote Originally Posted by charlie View Post
    Cheers pal
    It was Coral on 16/7/18

I see he is still 20/1 tonight

Top Amateur
    Finally got round to having a study of this race and have backed Shattered Love at 16/1. As already posted, JLT winners have a good record in the race and she doesn't strike me at all, as a horse who will relish 3m2f in a Gold Cup.

My one concern is that she might be a better horse with cut in the ground... but that certainly isnt definitive. And in case, good ground festivals no longer look as likely as they used to be and I wont be placing as much emphasis on finding good ground horses going forward.

I can see several of the horses near the top of the market swerving this race and feel that Shattered Love should really be a 10/1 poke.