Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'll have to check when I'm home but I have coral in my head.
    Cheers pal

Comment

Cant see him quoted anywhere but will this be Ballyoisins trip ?

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Cant see him quoted anywhere but will this be Ballyoisins trip ?
        I was having a look at Ballyoisins profile today Mayo . won his last 3 outings . could be going places .

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I'll have to check when I'm home but I have coral in my head.
          Originally posted by charlie View Post
          Cheers pal
          It was Coral on 16/7/18

I see he is still 20/1 tonight

Comment

Finally got round to having a study of this race and have backed Shattered Love at 16/1. As already posted, JLT winners have a good record in the race and she doesn't strike me at all, as a horse who will relish 3m2f in a Gold Cup.

My one concern is that she might be a better horse with cut in the ground... but that certainly isnt definitive. And in case, good ground festivals no longer look as likely as they used to be and I wont be placing as much emphasis on finding good ground horses going forward.

I can see several of the horses near the top of the market swerving this race and feel that Shattered Love should really be a 10/1 poke.

Comment

Would you be a little worried that she's entered in JNWine at Down Royal? She could still go in the 2m4f race on the same day, of course.

Comment

Archie, according to Elliot RP stable tour, she's likely to start off in the 2m4 race.

Comment

Personally I wouldn't be surprised if she runs in a few 3m chases along the way this season, possibly even some over 2m. She seems pretty versatile and many of the Irish Staying Races are run at a slower pace which will suit her anyway.

But when it comes to the Festival, I think the Ryanair is absolutely tailor made for her.

Comment

16/1 would be a price is almost certainly take if I knew she was an intended runner. She's not quite big enough to take that risk for me but it is close.

The previous years course and distance festival winner wouldn't ever go off at even half that price so it won't tale me much to add her.

What are her any race prices? (Can't get on to check at work)

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      Personally I wouldn't be surprised if she runs in a few 3m chases along the way this season, possibly even some over 2m. She seems pretty versatile and many of the Irish Staying Races are run at a slower pace which will suit her anyway.

But when it comes to the Festival, I think the Ryanair is absolutely tailor made for her.
                      Yeah, I fell into the trap of her being in 3m races and backed her for the RSA, as well as making, what I felt was, a strong case for her, for her to then turn up and hack up in the JLT

Comment

10/1 Any Race Kev.

Have used this a lot more this year, but wouldn't fancy her in the QMCC or Gold Cup so happy to take the 16/1 for the Ryanair tbh.

Cruel CoD!

Comment

We live and learn....kinda! Backed more than ever in the 'Any Race' market this time around however, Shattered Love is one I have backed specifically for this race.

Comment

14/1 Min
                            I am getting dangerously tempted to break a few rules and back a Mullins horse for a specific race... when I know that I won't KNOW the target until the week before!

Anyone who trawls through the forum will know I am not and never have been in the camp that thinks Min is 'top' class. I'm usually fairly diplomatic but I'm sure I've rubbished him at some stage - but in fairness, the Min'lovers have died down and therefore I can stop being so anti-Min and take a fresh view . Not being in the same league as Altior is not a stick you can beat a horse with. We haven't seen any horse in Altior's league since the Supreme they clashed in 2016!

Min: He was probably a bit keen at Aintree after running in the Champion Chase. He started off over 2m4f at Gowran so I wouldn’t be surprised if he went up in trip this season. He looks in great order and as we’ve got loads of horses for the two mile division, you’d be hoping to spread them out a little bit. If he’d have settled in Aintree, he’d have won so there’s no doubt that he gets 2m4f.
                            A stick you can beat Min with though, is that he couldn't beat Politilogue.

I could try myself in nots trying to second guess where Douvan and Min will run, both could step up in trip, both could stay at 2 miles... there really is no way to know.

I've already backed Douvan for this race with "free bets" - my thinking being Douvan would definitely be shorter than 10/1! I think Douvan would beat Min in any race they ever contested

COuld easily say the same thing about Min at 14/1 - absolutely no chance he'd go off double figures, not even half the price.

The good thing is I've managed to talk myself out of parting with any cash.... however I imagine I'll have some "free bets" on him over the coming weeks if 14/1 stands strong.

Comment

Added Disko @ 29's

Comment

Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                Added Disko @ 29's
                                Someone else will know the exact details but off the top of my head he fractured his skull or something of the like in a freak accident.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X