Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ryanair 2019

Gordon just said on ATR when asked about Shattered Love.
    She's hard to place so it'll be grade ones
    and when asked if she's aimed at Gold cup, he said
    Definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by quevega View Post
    Gordon just said on ATR when asked about Shattered Love.
    She's hard to place so it'll be grade ones
    and when asked if she's aimed at Gold cup, he said
    Definitely.
    There is a danger we all get taken in by the early season excitement/ambition connections share with us.
    Happy to be shot down and proved wrong over time but Shattered Love has never struck me as a Gold Cup horse unless Giggs plan doing what they do with all big the Irish staying chases and let half a dozen take their chance.

Whatever trainers/owners say when a microphone is shoved under their noses I generally ignore, they are all busy hatching plans that give their horses the best chance of seasons success, declaring honest intentions/strategies in November can only hinder these plans....

I've said it before but it bears repeating. The way that the graded open chases are structured in Ireland in the first half of the season means that, by and large, 2m4f and 3m horses have much the same programme. The only 3m graded chases before the end of the year are the Down Royal race just run and the Christmas Chase at Leopardstown. At a shorter distance you have the Clonmel Chase (2m5f) on 15th November and the John Durkan (2m4f) at Punchestown on 9 December.
    Essentially, most of the potential Ryanair and Gold Cup horses will be going in at least one of those races but not necessarily at the same distance.