Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by James Joseph View Post
    When Ruby got beat in the Tingle Creek he suggested that they would avoid taking on Altior in the future. I have a hunch Footpad will step up in trip and could well rock up here. If that proves to be the case 8/1 looks great value. Be really interesting to see which of the possible 3 Mullins runners Ruby would decide to ride should Mullins turn up mob handed.
    He suggested Min (specifically) will avoid Altior, whilst laughing.

8/1 would be a massive price, as he's be very short... but it's such a huge IF that it has to put you off?

Ruby would ride Footpad over Min in any race that they ever met in going forward. Footpad is less exposed over 2 miles, may be better already, and if they went up in trip, he's also be on Footpad.

I think the owners will have a very large say in where Footpad goes. I hope they get their way and we get to see a decent clash. If the trainer gets his way (as we're lead to believe) he'd go for the Gold Cup.... so the Ryanair would have to be a real last-minute switch.

Personally, I'm waiting to see a NRNB price for him. If bookies don't expect him to run and put him at around 5/1 I'd have a sizable each way bet on him.

Comment

• Is 8/1 massive if he doesn't perform again? I don't think so.

Comment

• Where do we expect UDS to turn up? Would he have a shout in this?

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
          Is 8/1 massive if he doesn't perform again? I don't think so.
          Is 8/1 massive if he puts in a 175 rated performance and they say "he goes Ryanair 100%"?

8/1 would be a big price for last years Arkle winner, for Mullins, with Ruby on board, even if he falls next time out.

You know he'd go off shorter than that, so yes - if I knew Footpad was running, 8/1 would be massive.

If his leg fell off, it wouldn't look as good, but it'd still have been the right call, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
            Where do we expect UDS to turn up? Would he have a shout in this?
            Here.

Yes of course, as a previous winner and 2nd last time.

Haven't backed him though, expect him to be the Mullins' second string this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by cwright23 View Post
              Where do we expect UDS to turn up? Would he have a shout in this?
              Here. Given UDS has won the race from the front, coupled with Min racing really keenly, its highly likely UDS will front run setting a strong pace which will suit him, but also play to mins strength as well.

Comment

Is 8/1 massive if he doesn't perform again? I don't think so.
                lol Boopa i dont mean any malice with this but what a daft thing to say!

Comment

• Right so if Footpad flopped again at Christmas you would be rushing to back 8/1 Ryanair? Good luck to you.

Comment

Right so if Footpad flopped again at Christmas you would be rushing to back 8/1 Ryanair? Good luck to you.
                    No, as we wouldn't know he was running in the race.

Much more interesting than the hypothetical 8/1 debate...

365 have him 4/1 NRNB.

People that don't mind tying money up HAVE to take that seriously?

Comment

• People are quick to say 'put a line through it'. I'll let him prove it first. He might have a massive hole in him. I like Footpad and I think he needs to step up in trip but he would have a lot of question marks if he flopped again.

Comment

People are quick to say 'put a line through it'. I'll let him prove it first. He might have a massive hole in him. I like Footpad and I think he needs to step up in trip but he would have a lot of question marks if he flopped again.
                        Fair enough, now he's 4/1 NRNB, what do you think of that price?

Comment

• Taken ABP 20/1 nrnb. Passed on Footpad.

Comment

• Willoughby Court 25/1 NRNB

Better than the Any Race market now...

Comment

• I'm trying to talk myself into thinking Benie Des Dieux would be a good NRNB prospect, but she's only 12/1.

I think she's a better chaser than hurdler but the OR and RPR's don't reflect that yet... so she'd have her layers even if they did end up here... which they won't, as they've got Min.

So I'll keep looking

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                Just hit Disko @ 20/1 anyrace with skybet

Comment

Working...
                                X