Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    Was Hairy Molly their other bumper winner?
    You are correct.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
      Mt Leinster acquired by the Cooldine/Florida pearl connections have won the bumper twice already.
      Blake did give it a good mention as I suspected too!

Disappointed to have missed the 40/1!

Comment

More positives for Mt Leinster today... Danny Mullins on the FFP.

Comment

Very positive mention indeed!

Comment

Definitely not a good race for me over the years
            Interested in the mare’s angle though
            Produced the last two winners with the 7lb allowance
            Anyone know if Mullin’s or Elliott have a promising mare that might be aimed down this route ?
            Or any other top trainer for that matter

Comment

Yukon Lil won the only listed mares bumper in Ireland so far this season. The next one is Navan on 25th November. The best indicator will probably be the mares bumper at the Dublin Festival in February.
              One word of caution. The Cheltenham bumper is only for 4 to 6yos so older mares, like my Eileen O and Dramalarma Lucy, aren't eligible.

Comment

Anyone thinking of backing Royal Rendezvous, currently favourite with bet365, betfair and Paddy P, should be aware that:
                1. he's running in a maiden hurdle at Galway tomorrow.
                2. he'll be 7 in March so is ineligible for the bumper.

Comment

Willie was asked on TV this afternoon for a dark horse for the season... he said the magic word... Enurgumene.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    Willie was asked on TV this afternoon for a dark horse for the season... he said the magic word... Enurgumene.
                    Did he? Watched him on ITV and he said Annamix and Asterion Forlonge?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
                      I'll be honest, I didnt see it myself! But a mate I recommended Enurgumene to, texted me and told me? Maybe he did a couple of different interviews?

Just seen the interview posted on the Supreme thread. Must have been a different interview as the same lad has backed Annamix quite strongly and never mentioned he'd given him too...
                      Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 27 October 2018, 06:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post

Was deffinately asterion forlonge , said Patrick was happy with him schooling in the morning.
                        He'll do for me.
                        El barra and shadow rider the other 2 to look out for alot later in the season.

Willie Mullins were on the mark when the former parted with £290,000 to secure the Suirview Stables-consigned Asterion Forlonge.

A four-year-old who was last seen winning a maiden point-to-point at Oldtown on Sunday, Asterion Forlonge shares his sire with another of Mullins' recruits in Grade 1 scorer Bacardys as both are by Haras de Cercy resident Coastal Path.

Kirk said: "The sire was a help because we have a couple of horses in the stables by Coastal Path and he's a well respected sire in France. I like the way he won his point-to-point - he finished off the race very well - and we've been very lucky buying stock from Pat Doyle too.

"He'll go back to Willie's yard and he'll be a horse for next season."
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 27 October 2018, 06:17 PM.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

3 in the bumper already
                          I wonder if I'll ever follow my own advice.

Comment

Does Willie normally give out Bumper horses this early? The horse is obviously talented and achieved a substantial price at the sales, but I feel this is unusual for Willie.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              3 in the bumper already
                              I wonder if I'll ever follow my own advice.
                              Big prices though Kev so just keep going at them. Although I'm sure your record in the bumper is comparable to mine

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                                Does Willie normally give out Bumper horses this early? The horse is obviously talented and achieved a substantial price at the sales, but I feel this is unusual for Willie.
                                Just watched the interview and it sounded like the horse had done a nice piece of work that morning so it was probably the first horse that he thought of. Perhaps some recency bias from Willie

Comment

Working...
                                X