Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    There’s some murmurs on Twitter about Malone Road being injured, no idea what to make of them
    Think the same was posted in the last day or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      To be fair, well done to those who we're of the opinion he would miss the festival this year .... I thought they'd probably throw both darts.

I do take it as a major positive for Malone Road too, so also well done to those on at big prices. Gordon wouldn't be leaving his best chances of a winner at home so MR must be 'the one' for him at this stage.
      One of my earliest posts I said I had a feeling Envoi Allen would be kept away from Cheltenham due to being the classier, longer term horse. I still went ahead and backed him and not Malone Road though! #practicewhatyoupreach

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
        One of my earliest posts I said I had a feeling Envoi Allen would be kept away from Cheltenham due to being the classier, longer term horse. I still went ahead and backed him and not Malone Road though! #practicewhatyoupreach
        Haha, we live and learn

Spot on though, Malone Road looks to be much more forward in his development.

If you had a gun to my head (I'd stamp on your foot and judo-flip you over) but if I had to have a bet on which horse will have a higher OR 'all-time' I'd say Envoi Allen. He just gave that impression today that he'll be better in a couple of years. A bit cliche I'm sure. Maybe others disagree

Comment

He’s my early pick for this but I have conflicting thoughts as to whether he would be aimed at Cheltenham if good enough. On one hand he’s owned by Cheveley Park so they will probably want him to run at the big UK festivals. On the other hand, he looks really talented and Gordon might want to look after him for next season as he could be very special and the Cheltenham bumper is not always the best race for horses that need minding a bit.
          Here it is on page 6 dated 29th October

Comment

Out of the two expensive purchase for Cheveley Park, Malone Road is the more traditional National Hunt bred and should ideally prefer softer ground. Their other big purchase, Envoi Allen, could be the more classy but winning festival bumpers can sometimes come down to staying power rather than class. I think the Thompsons have two good horses to go to war with and both in the right hands with Gordon Elliott.
            And I said this on 4th November. I’m scratching my head why I went with Envoi Allen over Malone Road

Comment

Here it is on page 6 dated 29th October
              Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
              And I said this on 4th November. I’m scratching my head why I went with Envoi Allen over Malone Road
              A fool and his money are soon parted... you don't take a scatter gun approach, so wouldn't be too harsh on yourself despite nailing it haha

Of all the 'non-handicap' races at the festival, the bumper has to be the one right at the bottom of the ante-post "must-bet" list...

I have a stat that may make you feel better.... I cashed out Envoi Allen for profit today, which is my FIRST EVER RETURNS from the Cheltenham bumper. A record streching back to 2011

Comment

A fool and his money are soon parted... you don't take a scatter gun approach, so wouldn't be too harsh on yourself despite nailing it haha

Of all the 'non-handicap' races at the festival, the bumper has to be the one right at the bottom of the ante-post "must-bet" list...

I have a stat that may make you feel better.... I cashed out Envoi Allen for profit today, which is my FIRST EVER RETURNS from the Cheltenham bumper. A record streching back to 2011
                Life goal achieved

Comment

• As I finish this last bit of rum.... I'll take you through my Bumper History ... it is not as bad as it sounds (despite no returns)!

2011 - Divine Rhapsody - Had won the Goffs Landrover bumper the year before, this was his 1st run of the season and I imagine I backed it as a tip I'd read as I definitely wasn't watching bumper races that season.
                  2012 - I backed The New One (6th) and Sir Johnson(11th)! Some lovely horses in that race, Many Clouds 9th, Jezki 8th, Village Vic (13th) and Champagne Fever(1st).
                  2013 - I went wild and had 4 darts... all win only, Regal Encore (2nd) Golantilla (3rd), The Liquidator (4th) - Wounded
                  2014 - Had the 5th and 6th with Killultag Vic and Vigil
                  2015 - Wait For Me (3rd) and Bellshill (10th) - Moon Racer's win. Ridiculous!
                  2016 - The worst of the lot! Battleford (2nd) at 25/1 win only. Lost by a nose in a photo. (Also on High Bridge)
                  2017 - Had an almighty each way on Western Ryder (Thanks Ista ) who came 5th. Also Quick Grabim who was 17th (apt as he's won a G1 today!) and Getabird Non runner
                  2018 - Hollowgraphic Non runner - Blackbow 5th and Rhinestone 10th.

2019 - Envoi Allen gooonyaaboyayaaa

Comment

Perhaps it'll come back ... fingers crossed
                    Cash out available again... I cashed out for a profit this morning 👍

Comment

• Me too ! Got 0.5 profit

Comment

• My bumper history goes

Champagne Fever (win only)
                        Briar Hill (win only)
                        Shaneshill (each way)
                        Moon Racer (win only)
                        Battleford (33/1 £15 e/w would have been my biggest ever win at the time)

That was all with only backing one horse each time, honestly thought it was the easiest race of the festival
                        That quickly changed and I’ve ended up with a scatter gun approach as I invariably convince myself of every horse end up with atleast 5 and hit and miss as to whether i see profit or not

Comment

• I've heard one or two things as well about Malone Road- hoping they aren't true!

Comment

• Racing Post‏Verified account @RacingPost <small class="time"> 1m1 minute ago </small>

Malone Road could miss the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham with a knee injury according to Gordon Elliott

Comment

• Comment

• Those on @ big prices must feel sick reading that, you have my genuine sympathy if true.

Comment

Working...
                                X